element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Thoughts You Have When Receiving A Care Package

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

One of the best things about living away from home? Care packages! There’s no better feeling than, after a long day studying for finals, opening that box only to find a batch of your mother’s freshly baked cookies or your lucky shirt you left at home. While there is a lot of thought put into these care packages, there is also a lot of thought put into receiving one. Because waiting isn’t fun, here are eight thoughts you may think when you receive a care package!

1. You’ve got mail

Seriously, dorm mail? You can tell me I got a package but you can’t tell me who it’s from? Thanks for making the anticipate all the more real. 

2. Present Tense? 

Wait…could this be an early Christmas present from grandma? As long as it isn’t another sweater, you’ll be happy!

3. Take a Walk

If there wasn’t the prospect of presents, you wouldn’t be walking all the way across Commonwealth right now.

4. Exercising Patients 

Nobody ever thought of sending you pillows? Or a normal sized box? Or somebody to carry your package back to your dorm for you?  

5. Dare to Stare

People, you try looking graceful carrying an oddly sized box, not to mention, a heavy box. It’s just not going to happen! On top of getting a package in the mail, you also just recieved an awkward walk back to your dorm.

6. Boxed Out of Your Dorm

You can open your own door. But when you’re carrying a box that may or may not contain a boulder you don’t want to open that door. So some chivalry would be greatly appreciated!

7. Open Sesame…Or Just Open

How many rolls of tape were used on this package!? You have better things to do with your time like binge walking Parks and Recs or reading Her Campus!

8. And Finally…

After all the anticipation…it’s the stuff you forgot you bought on Amazon at three in the morning last week. Just kidding! Thanks mom and dad for the Swedish Fish and Top Ramen because you never get those in college.    

Whatever your package may contain, remember that it was filled with care!  

K C

BU '18

BU Contributor
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.