8 Things Every Kid Did in the 2000s That Will Make You Want to Go Back In Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

There’s a lot of good things about being in college, but there’s some kind of simple joy in being 6 that never seems to lose its appeal, especially in the uncertain times of today. If you’re in college right now, there’s a good chance you were a kid in the 2000s. Here are some memories of the decade that was a simpler time for us (especially the fashion):

Learning how to use Windows XP so you could go on Webkinz World and Club Penguin.

How exciting the internet felt in 2006.

Printing out MapQuest directions for your parents.

Maybe you could then sneak a few extra minutes on the computer.

Waiting in line at the book fair for the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book.

Watch out for The Cheese Touch on the way back to the classroom!

Wishing you could be on Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Judging by the amount the adults remembered, did we all just peak in fifth grade?

Accessorizing every outfit with Livestrong bracelets.

Don’t forget the charms on your Crocs that brought out the hints of neon yellow in the bracelets!

Begging for a DS around the holidays.

Then awkwardly staring into space while your friends played with them if you didn’t get one.

Going to midnight release parties for the new Harry Potter book.

Or being told you were too young to read them.

Wishing you were older so you could get a Myspace and Razr phone and have your own High School Musical experience.

How times changed by the time you made it to that point…

The 2000s were a crazy time when everyone was still finding their footing in the new millennium. I can’t believe it’s already been two decades…

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Olivia is a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences studying marine science. She loves the ocean and summer more than anything and wants to live somewhere warmer one day even though she's spent her whole life in Massachusetts. She also likes music, night runs, and writing pointless things.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.