7 Takeout Spots Near Campus for Socially Distanced Eats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The restaurant industry went through an unprecedented challenge when the coronavirus pandemic hit. Now that students are back on campus, they are able to help support local cuisine by safely dining in or ordering out! These spots are perfect if you want to bring delicious food into your apartment or dorm!

Sweet Cheeks: Fenway

If you love a good BBQ meal, Sweet Cheeks is the place for you. They serve their food “tray” style with meat and sides all brought out together. Their takeout is just as good, especially because their cuisine is the epitome of comfort food (mac and cheese, biscuits, potato salad—I mean come on!). Even when I used to go in person, I never finished everything and brought it home for next day leftovers!

Garlic and Lemon: Allston

Mediterranean style food lives at Garlic and Lemon. They serve plates with shawarma, kebab, veggies, and different sides! The sauces and pitas top it off, and it’s a usually enough to share if you aren’t that hungry! There are spicy and mild options for everyone’s taste.

Fugakyu Japanese Cuisine: Brookline

I’m not the biggest sushi fan, but I will say I enjoyed Fugakyu. Located off Beacon Street, this location is gorgeous inside, but the food is what makes it outstanding. They make the best combo plates, so you can try one of everything or just stick to what you know!

Ganko Ittetsu Ramen: Brookline 

When I first stumbled upon this place, it was to satisfy a ramen craving. I walked in to learn that there was a wait list for tables that went out an hour and people were more than willing to stay until it was their turn. Takeout is a great option, and the ramen here does not disappoint. Try their gyoza, too (it’s amazing!).

Coreanos: Allston

This Korean fusion spot quite literally has something for everyone. They have dumplings, kimchi quesadillas, Korean fried chicken, kimchi fried rice, and chicken poppers! Their food is so good, and you get a lot for the price you pay! They have mastered takeout.

Eventide: Fenway

If you’re looking for an upscale takeout spot that even offers oysters, look no further. Eventide has oysters, lobster stew, tuna poke bowls, and a delicious brown butter lobster roll. I highly recommend a brown butter lobster roll followed by the brown butter soft serve for dessert.

Nud Pob: Commonwealth Ave

I couldn’t make this list without mentioning the most iconic campus spot for Thai takeout. Nud Pob has the best pad thai. I love pad thai and have tried so many different places, but Nud Pob is always my favorite.

As you can probably tell by now, I like finding new places to eat. Even though things are different now, I love being able to support local restaurants near BU’s campus! There are always new spots to try, so give one of these a chance during your next craving. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sonja is a senior at Boston University from New Hampshire studying journalism. On campus, Sonja works to promote various brands to the college audience. She has been an ambassador for Razor Scooters, Venmo, Rent the Runway, Comcast Xfinity, and BEARPAW Shoes! When she's not writing or working, she loves exploring restaurants and taking pictures around Boston!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.