Style

7 Sweaters to Get You Ready for Sweater Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

When pumpkin spice lattes start rolling out of Starbucks and leaves don vivid shades of red and orange, that can only mean one thing. It’s… (drum roll please)

Feel the need to update your neglected sweater collection? Want to try donning something other than a plain old sweater? Here are seven sweaters to keep your sweater game going strong.

A sweater so fluffy you’ll want to pet it.

If you don’t have a fluffy sweater in your wardrobe yet, this is the one to get. This oversized V-neck sweater is not only comfortable, but it is also in a gorgeous shade of cream that makes the sweater easy to incorporate into multiple outfits. You won’t regret it when you click the “add to cart” button. Get one for yourself here at H&M.

A cable knit sweater for indecisive sweater enthusiasts.

Can’t decide between a cable knit or a knit sweater? Never fear, this two-tone cable knit sweater is here to the rescue with its different textures and shades of gray. The long textured sleeves make it the perfect sweater to snuggle with a hot cup of tea on a cold autumn night. Get it from YesStyle here

A sweater as soft as the clouds.

If you’re tired of the same old knit sweaters, this is the sweater you need. The moment you slip on this sweater, you’ll be on cloud nine. This sweater is the soft sweater of your dreams. Not only that, the clouds add a fun and playful touch to the sweater, making it a unique addition to any closet. Get it from YesStyle here.

A sweater that will keep you warm and fuzzy even in the autumn chill.

With this fuzzy sweater, you won’t need to worry about how many layers to put on before battling with the cold. The white collar and contrast trims add a nice touch to the sweater, preventing you from looking like a blue fuzzball. On top of that, the sweater is a nice shade of pastel blue. Get one from Forever 21 here.

A sweater with a collar so that you don’t need to worry about scarves.

If you’re ever running late for class or just don’t feel like styling, you can just toss on this sweater and go. The high collar will make sure you’ll stay warm no matter how windy it is outside. Not only that, the sweater is made with recycled polyester so you can be stylishly sustainable. Grab one for yourself here at H&M.

A statement-piece-worthy sweater.

With a sweater like this, you won’t have to sacrifice style for comfort. The bold animal print on this sweater can add some flair to even the simplest of outfits. Pair it with a leather jacket and a black mini skirt for a fierce look. Get the sweater at Target here.

A patterned sweater that is so simple, yet so versatile.

Even if this sweater seems a bit too plain, it’s a great sweater for layering. Try throwing on a jean jacket and white sneakers for a casual fall look. Slip on a belt and a pair of booties if you’re going for a chic look. Get the sweater here at Forever 21.

With any of these seven sweaters, you’ll stand out in the sea of monotonous sweaters. Get one (or all of them) to celebrate sweater weather!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Emily is currently a junior at Boston University studying English and English Education. In addition to her love for reading and writing, she has an unhealthy obsession with cute desserts and graphic tee shirts. When she's not typing away on her laptop, you can find her cafe hunting, bopping to music, or doodling.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.