7 Spring Patterns That Aren’t Florals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Even though florals are a huge trend on the spring runways this year, everyone knows there’s nothing “ground-breaking” about them. Break away from the winter monochromes with these seven patterns perfect for spring.

Stripes

Stripes are another classic print. Go for bright colors, like in the first dress or a crisp navy and white, like this top. The simple stripes in the middle dress look clean and fresh, just like spring.

Chevron

Chevron is an interesting step up from stripes. Dresses and tops like these Modcloth pieces are perfect for spring brunch or walks in the park. The colors of the last dress give a normally preppy print a more boho feel. 

Palm Leaf

If you’re really struggling to let florals go, try palm leaves. This first Forever 21 dress is simpler, but if you’re into more intricate designs, this Modcloth dress is perfect for you. The pale coral of the last skirt is such a spring color that will easily transition into the summer.

Whimsical Prints

No one does whimsical prints better than Modcloth. Also, the clothes have the punniest names, such as the Whatever Flows Your Bows top. These fun prints of little birds and sailboats are great conversation starters!

Tie-dye

Polka Dots

Polka dots are another tried and true print. Black and white dots are a classic, so keep it interesting with a cut-out romper or a necktie. The light green of the last dress is a perfect spring color.

Paisley

Paisley is the ultimate boho print. This brown top is perfect for festivals. You can still wear paisley in a more formal setting with this Asos dress. The bandana print is also a cool paisley substitute. 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.