yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

7 Spooky Season Snacks to Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Glowing jack-o-lanterns lining the streets. Tree branches rattling in the wind. Creepy decorations covering houses head to toe. It’s that time of the year again.

Not only are there costumes and carved pumpkins, but there are also treats galore. Tired of eating the same fun-sized chocolate bars and bags of mini pretzels from trick-or-treating? Here are seven snacks that will be your new favorite treats to munch on during the spookiest time of the year.

A sweet treat that isn’t a mess to enjoy.

A twist on the classic fall apple treat, Caramel Apple Hi-Chews consist of a green-apple flavored fruit chew wrapped in caramel. You won’t be left with sticky, caramel covered fingers when enjoying this caramel apple-flavored candy as all you have to do is unwrap and pop one into your mouth. You can split a box of the chewy candy with some friends by buying a pack of 12 from Amazon for $24.

A spooky take on the classic marshmallow treat.

Holiday baking isn’t just for the winter holidays. If you’re looking into getting your cookie decorating chops on this Halloween season, give the Rice Krispie Treat Ghost Pop Kit a shot. The kit includes various tools such as Rice Krispie cereal, mini marshmallows, piping bags, and ghost-shaped molds. Get together with some friends to make some of your own ghoulishly cute sweet treats. The kit can be bought from Target for $6.99.

A chocolate treat too cute to eat.

A favorite snack among Asian kids, Koala Chocolates will satisfy any chocoholic. These little bundles of chocolate and joy are adorned with koalas in adorable Halloween costumes for a seasonal special. Grab your own box of Koala Chocolate Halloween Edition at Sugoi Mart.

A crunchy snack that doubles as a Halloween accessory.

Don’t be fooled by the name. These are more than just your typical corn snacks. House Halloween Tongari Corn Snacks are designed so that you can put them on your fingers to make them into claws. Each box also comes with a DIY eye mask that you can add on to your own Halloween costume. Get a box for yourself from Japan Candy Store.

A scaringly healthy snack to balance out the Halloween sugar rush.

Need a snack to make you not feel guilty about stuffing yourself with sugar? Try some ghost and bat-shaped Sea Salt Flavored Veggie Chips. These gluten-free and vegan chips don’t have a hair-raising amount of calories and are sure to satisfy even the hungriest of werewolves. These eerily themed chips are available at Target.

Chips so spicy they’ll haunt you.

From the chip company behind the famous #onechipchallenge comes the freakishly spicy Haunted Ghost Pepper Chips. Spiced with a dangerous combination of ghost peppers, cayenne, and chipotle, these gluten-free chips will leave you screaming like a banshee. Get your own bag from the Paqui website only if you dare…

Popcorn to crunch on during your next horror movie watching session.

Trader Joe’s Candy Corn Popcorn is the spooky season’s answer to kettle corn. These vibrantly colored pieces of popped corn are practically candy corn pieces packed with a crunch. You can grab a bag of this colorful popcorn at Trader Joe’s for $1.99.

Check out these spooky snacks and maybe one (or all) of them will be your new go-to Halloween treat. Happy snacking!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Emily is currently a junior at Boston University studying English and English Education. In addition to her love for reading and writing, she has an unhealthy obsession with cute desserts and graphic tee shirts. When she's not typing away on her laptop, you can find her cafe hunting, bopping to music, or doodling.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.