Carrie Bradshaw may be the narrator and main character on Sex and the City, but she isn’t the best one by any means. That title goes to the one and only Miranda Hobbes, and here’s why:
1. The iconic red color and haircut.
Vibrant colors necessitate vibrant personalities and God knows Miranda Hobbes is one of the few who has what it takes.
2. Her intense ambition and focus on her career.
Miranda was never one to deny herself a good time once in a while but, get in the way of her career and she’ll get rid of you like lightning.
3. She was never afraid to tell Carrie her opinion, whether about exorbitant purchases or her unfavorable (at times) thoughts on Mr. Big.
Okay, maybe this example was a little harsh, but you get the gist. We all need a good wake-up call sometimes.
4. Her zero tolerance for obsessing over men and relationships.
Though I still love Carrie, Samantha, and Charlotte, even I got a little sick of their obsession with relationships.
5. Her sarcasm and dry sense of humor. As a sarcastic person myself, and as someone with a lawyer for a mom, I can appreciate the one-liners all too well.
Credit: Huffington Post
If that isn’t the facts, I don’t know what is.
6. “He’s just not that into you.”
Credit: The Odyssey
An iconic line, beautifully delivered. If you haven’t seen the full clip, here’s the YouTube video. You can thank me later.
7. Her frustration at being constantly asked, “Just you?” when she bought her first apartment.
Let’s be real. We may not all be 34 and able to buy an apartment yet, but this is all of our annoyance levels when our family members ask, “Why don’t you have a boyfriend?”
To sum it up, I still love Charlotte’s sweetness, Samantha’s confidence, and definitely relate to Carrie’s clothes obsession, but Miranda’s take-no-prisoners, tough love personality makes her the winner in my eyes for the top character. What do you think?