7 Reasons to be Psyched about Marvel’s Infinity War

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Do you love Marvel? Get ready for the biggest movie release from the Marvel franchise: Avengers: Infinity War. Even if you aren’t the biggest superhero fan or don’t feel compelled to run to the movie theater; here are seven reasons why you should get hyped and go see it anyway!

1. Your favorite characters join forces.

One of the big draws of the original Avengers movie, besides its obvious awesomeness, was Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye working together in the same film. Infinity War is 20 times better than that. The new Marvel film will incorporate the characters from the Avengers series, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, and Doctor Strange.

2. Interwoven movies.

All of the movies prior to Infinity War have contained major plot points that at the time each film was released seemed irrelevant; however, that was Marvel’s plan. Infinity War is the cinematic masterpiece that will concentrate all of these plot points into the culmination of the Marvel universe. Suddenly, everything will fall into place.

3. Easter eggs.

Easter eggs are hidden details within films that give the audience certain information that may not have been highlighted throughout the movie. Marvel is infamous for including Easter eggs that tie the many films to each other and to the comics on which they were based. Infinity War, Marvel’s grand combination of all of its sub-series, is undoubtedly filled with these hidden treasures. Take the example of the clip featuring Spider-Man swinging too low from a bridge and grazing the water––this ties Infinity War and Spider-Man Homecoming when Peter Parker failed to pay attention in class while learning about pendulum motion.

4. Iron Spider.

If you are a fan of Iron Man and Spider-Man, get ready for the man of your dreams… Iron Spider. In Spider-Man Homecoming, Tony Stark makes a suit for Peter Parker fit with the latest Stark tech. Although Parker may have declined the suit in the most recent film of the Spider-Man franchise, the Infinity War trailer showcases Parker wearing the Iron Spider armor in its full glory.

5. The Infinity Stones.

One of the major plot points of Infinity War is the hunt for the Infinity Stones. From the first movies released by Marvel, the franchise has highlighted the existence of six stones that each hold the power to a certain aspect of the universe. Thanos, the antagonist of the upcoming Avengers film, is determined to find all six and use them to his advantage. But will our heroes let him?

6. The hype.

One of the major reasons to go see Infinity War, even if you may not be the biggest fan of Marvel or the Avenger’s franchise, is simply because of the hype surrounding it. The film has received major attention from the press and people are promoting it like crazy! Tickets are selling fast and the movie will no doubt be one to catch in theaters as soon as it opens.

7. The finale.

This movie may be the big Marvel finale we have all been waiting for. Everything has been leading up to this moment. Every movie and every detail points to the Infinity War.

What are you waiting for?

Watch Avengers: Infinity War in theaters, April 27th. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.