7 Essentials You Need This Spring Break

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Spring break! Woo-hoo! Midterm week is ending and it’s finally time for an entire week of freedom. But that bio exam really got in the way of your planning and now you don’t know what to do. Don’t worry, we got you. Thanks to our sponsors, HCBU is armed and ready to help our fellow terriers have an amazing time! Here are seven essentials you’ll need this spring break.

1. Can We Just Have The Beads?

You know that girl who seems to be taking off her bathing suit more than she’s actually in it? Well, sometimes it isn’t for the beads. When you’re spending a week straight in a bikini, accidents are sure to happen. To help prevent accidents, check out Brappz. Brappz straps can be attached to swimwear, strapless bras, or any shoulder exposing top. They come in an array of spring break worthy colors!

2. Money, Money…No Money

The whole reason you’re staying in that rundown “resort” is to save money. But, it turns out, your “resort” isn’t too strict when it comes to security. Or you just forget where you drunkenly threw your purse. Either way, you’re out of cash and out of luck. It’s important to have a safe backup. Circle is a social payment app that lets you send and receive money with just an email or phone number. It’s instant, secure, and free- three things we love. Just try not to drop your phone in the ocean or you’ll really be out of luck!

3. Can’t Groom In Cancun

Do you really want to be the person who smells like she’s gone “wild?”  It may seem like a good idea to live off your hotel/ motel’s travel sized soaps and shampoos. Until day 3 when you’ve realized every other college student in your vicinity had the exact same idea. So pull out your travel-sized bottles and fill them with your favorite shampoo.

We like the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume collection to keep the bounce in our beach-ready hair!

4. Make Up For It With Makeup

While in theory it sounds like fun to jump fully clothed into a pool, your makeup will look less “fun in the sun” and more GEICO commercial. If you’re going to wear makeup, we suggestion bringing something waterproof. We’ve been loving this waterproof Milani liquid liner! Not only will you look great, but you’ll be ready to get up off your beach towel and take a dip!

5. Don’t Trust the Two Dollar Pizza

The “Spring Break Diet” of beer and pizza may sound fun. Until it’s time to hit the vomit covered bathroom with the shirtless guy passed out in the corner. Swap out your gummy bears for AZO Gummies to make sure your bathroom time won’t affect your party time!

6. Don’t Let The Party End

Okay, so you had your fun during spring break…now what? It’s hard getting out of vacation mode. Well, you don’t have to! Consider studying abroad with an organization like CEA Study Abroad and let the vacation continue!

7. Get Packin’

Okay, so you’ve finally have all the things you need for spring break—now it’s time to pack all your stuff (we like the Vera Bradley bags) and head off on your spring break adventure!

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for a chance to win some some of these spring break essentials!

K C

BU '18

BU Contributor