Style

7 Cool Jackets You Need in Your Fall Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Jackets are probably my favorite fall accessory. They can completely change the vibe of any outfit. Plus, jackets even have pockets – huge score! Here’s a list of some of the jackets you should sport for the rest of the season.

A Bomber Jacket

A black bomber jacket like this one is a staple in any closet. They’re very in right now and they add a certain cool factor that’s hard to resist. Here’s the link ($24.29).

A Denim Jacket

Denim jackets are also another necessity, especially with the denim on denim craze going on. A light wash like this is a nice contrast to the usual darker colors of most fall clothes. Here’s the link ($110).

A Moto Jacket

Moto jackets like this are my favorite, I love how structured they are while still being comfortable. The faux suede also adds texture to your look. Here’s the link ($70.95).

A Peacoat

Of course, this list would be incomplete without an iconic peacoat. There’s nothing quite like sporting a peacoat in fall, you’ll look like you’re straight out of a noir film. Here’s the link ($54.00).

A Blazer

While not technically a jacket, it’s definitely important to have a blazer in your closet. You’ll be ready to kill all of your interviews while looking good at the same time. Here’s the link ($34.82).

A Leather Jacket

Leather jackets are another cool addition to your wardrobe. They’re warm enough to wear as the weather cools without the bulkiness of a puffy jacket. Here’s the link ($39.99).

A Puffer Jacket

Unfortunately, the weather is starting to get colder, and here in Boston, a puffer jacket is essential to fight Mother Nature. A thinner puffer like this will keep you warm without all the bulk of traditional puffers. Here’s the link ($98.00).

Fall is a great time to experiment with new styles. Statement jackets are my favorite way to spice up my looks and express my individuality.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Mia is a sophomore Poli Sci student with a minor in Environmental Policy Analysis. When she's not studying in Mugar or biking down Comm Ave, you can find her drinking tea, wandering the city, or⁠— most likely⁠— binging anime on her laptop.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.