Style

The 7 Best-Dressed Celebrities at NYFW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

While everyone shows up to see the newest trends on the runway, the real style stars emerge off the runway. Here are some of the best dressed celebrities of NYFW!

1. Bria Vinaite

She’s not only the breakout star of the 2017 film The Florida Project but also the breakout style star of NYFW. Attending the Sies Marjan show in a full Sies Marjan ensemble, Vinaite’s neon on neon should clash, but ends up complementing each other so well.

2. Billy Porter

When a man puts on a black turtleneck and blazer combo, it’s all over. Porter’s reflective all-black look at the Tom Ford show took my breath away. Gentlemen, this is how you wear a suit.

3. Aimee Song

The mastermind behind the fashion blog and YouTube channel Song Of Style is one of my favorite people to follow during fashion week. She shows the inner workings and details of what goes into prepping for these events, including how she styles her outfits. In an electric blue shearling coat by Giada Benincasa and matching snakeskin boots, Song proves the power of a statement coat.

4. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Heading into the Ralph Lauren Show, Huntington-Whitely turns the streets of New York into her own personal runway. In a simple Ralph Lauren suede jumpsuit, she makes it her own with a chunky gold necklace and accompanying shield sunglasses. Somehow, it makes her legs look even longer, which I didn’t know was possible.

5. Natalia Dyer

The Stranger Things darling went for a simple yet whimsical ensemble with a bright yellow trench coat and contrasting hot pink dress at the Oscar de la Renta show. Her embellished hair clip and shoes complete the look.

6. Emma Roberts

While not everybody has jumped onto the cowboy trend, I personally love it. From the subtle cowboy boots to the fringed jacket, Roberts turns the Longchamp show into the Wild West with style. Yeehaw!

7. Dakota Fanning

Okay, don’t get mad. While not technically from NYFW, since the Rodarte show was in Pasadena, this was too good not to include. Fanning, along with her sister Elle, is a Rodarte muse. While the tulle cap sleeves and oversized bows match the brand’s ethereal collection, the blackness of the dress make it edgier with Fanning’s choice to accessorize with barrettes playfully complements the look.

Although these style stars are decked out in designer, you can still take inspiration from them! Be bold. Take risks. Don’t be afraid to showcase your unique sense of style. At the end of the day, being comfortable in your own skin is always on trend.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sannah is a freshman at BU studying Film + TV in the College of Communication. Most of her writing is inspired by her interests in film, fashion, and activism. Other than that, you can find her working at coffee shops, watching (and rewatching) random films, and quoting Taylor Swift lyrics.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.