6 Restaurants in Somerville, MA That Are Totally Worth the T Ride

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Located near the end of Boston’s Red Line subway is the neighborhood of Davis Square, Somerville. The area is filled with exciting, new eateries that each offer something different and can meet the expectations of even the most particular foodie. 

Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar

I stopped at Rosebud for brunch and was blown away by the number of extra things they had on their menu and the huge portions. To supplement your brunch, you can get a number of sides including brown sugar bacon and monkey bread. Both are insanely delicious. I tried the eggs benedict as my main dish, and had to take half of it home because I stuffed my face full of the other things I ordered. I left feeling so satisfied and will definitely return soon. 

Sound Bites

Sound Bites is a great spot to get a classic breakfast. They have a huge menu, including things like pumpkin pancakes and a number of breakfast plates fit for any food personality. I tried the Boston’s Best Blue plate featuring a blueberry muffin, a cheese omelet, home fries, and bacon.  

The Painted Burro

This Mexican spot has been on my list for a while, so I’m really glad I finally got around to trying it. The Painted Burro has an array of tacos, tortas, enchiladas, and nachos. I mixed and matched two tacos; one even had a fried egg on it!

Foundry on Elm

Foundry is a perfect, classic place. If you’re looking for open style dining in a fancier pub atmosphere, this is the place. Their service is great, and the food is perfectly unique. A favorite there is the pork belly pizza with flavors I still can’t wrap my head around. 

Redbones Barbeque

I rarely get to eat barbeque, so when I heard about this barbeque place that people describe as incredible, I had to see what all the fuss was about. Redbones is so affordable and the quality of food is amazing. They have so many sides that you can pick to pair with your main plate of brisket, pulled pork, chicken, etc. I love how many combinations there are!

Saloon

Located in a speakeasy-like setting, Saloon creates an intimate dining experience with menu items to rave about. With things like chicken schnitzel, dan dan noodles, and porchetta panini, Saloon is hard to categorize. There’s no doubt that everything on the menu is worth a try. 

If your restaurant game is lacking, consider a trip to Somerville! It has all of these awesome spots, plus classics like Boston Burger Co. and JP Licks for ice cream! There truly is something for everyone.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sonja is a senior at Boston University from New Hampshire studying journalism. On campus, Sonja works to promote various brands to the college audience. She has been an ambassador for Razor Scooters, Venmo, Rent the Runway, Comcast Xfinity, and BEARPAW Shoes! When she's not writing or working, she loves exploring restaurants and taking pictures around Boston!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.