photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

6 Movies & TV Shows Perfect For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The weather is getting colder and the leaves are changing colors, which means cuddling up and watching a movie has never felt more right. Here are some great films, across all genres, that embody fall vibes. Whether it be spooky, empowering, light-hearted or funny, these are some movies that are perfect to add to your Netflix queue. 

1. The Blind Side

Tears and laughter in one heartwarming film. 

If you want a feel-good movie, The Blind Side is by far one of the best choices. What makes the film so special is that it is based off a true story. Leigh Anne Tuohy, played by Sandra Bullock, adopts an underprivileged teen and helps him reach his true potential as not only as a football player but as a person. This movie has football, family, the power of love, sacrifice, trust and Sandra freaking Bullock. 10/10 for hitting you right in the feels.

2. The Conjuring

This film gives major spooky vibes! 

The Conjuring is a perfect movie for you and your bae to snuggle up and get scared. This spooky movie not only has jump outs, possessed people and mystery, but also the acting, writing and, production is A+. If you can manage to keep your eyes open throughout the movie, you’ll be able to appreciate how well crafted and truly scary it is. The Conjuring is guaranteed to make you scream and cozy up to your bae for “protection.”

3. Coco

Get ready to smile, laugh, sing and cry while watching this amazing film.

Coco is the perfect film that incorporates the Day of The Dead, music, family values, and a whole lot of feels. This Disney/Pixar film is award-winning for a reason. The vibrant colors and skillfully crafted animation take you into a world you could never imagine. Coco is an entrance way into a cultural experience like no other. Grab a cup of hot cocoa with some tissues and get ready for an adventure.

4. She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry 

The first quote in the trailer summarizes the film so well, saying “We should have the right to choose. We should be mad. Are you mad?”

With the Kavanaugh trial, threats to female reproductive rights, and female disrespect, She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry is a documentary that will remind you of how empowered you are as a woman. The documentary focuses on the feminist wave during the late 1960’s and shows the parallels of the feminist movement currently. This documentary captures a movement that has been ongoing since the start of this country and has yet to lose momentum. Power to the women! 

5. Coraline

A throwback to our favorite childhood scary movie! 

Looking for a creepy animated film about an unhappy girl who gets stuck in an alternate world with fake parents who have buttons as eyes? Well, Coraline is the perfect film for you. If you aren’t into scary movies with blood and gore but still want to have a spooky time, Coraline is the perfect fit. The film is about a young girl, Coraline, who discovers an all-too-perfect alternate world in her home. She comes to realize that perfect is never quite right. 

6. House of Cards, Season 6

Let’s hear it for women in power changing the world!

House of Cards is on the favorites list of most Netflix bingers. The sixth season is set to be released on November 2, 2018. Thankfully, the problematic alleged rapist, Kevin Spacey, is no longer in the series. The new star of the show is the badass, Claire Underwood, played by Robin Wright. This season couldn’t be coming out at a more perfect time: right before the midterm elections and in the midst of a crazy and male-dominated political climate. As Ms. Underwood says in the trailer, “The reign of the middle-aged white man is over. It’s time for a new era.” Snaps to that!

Give yourself a break from the stress of midterms and work and enjoy a fall movie! You deserve it! These six movies & tv shows cover all aspects of fall and are perfect for any type of mood you might be in.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

COM student at Boston University
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.