This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

For many of us, getting smooth and silky hair is harder than it looks. Whether you are battling flat, frizzy, or damaged hair or managing curly, color-treated, or voluminous hair, there is an overwhelming variety of products on the market—intended for aiding all sorts of hair needs! After trying many hair care products, at a variety of price ranges, I have both uncovered some gems and joined the fan clubs of some coveted ones, too. Here are a few of my favorites…

Shampoo & Conditioner

Redken’s line of shampoo and conditioners could aid just about any hair care need. I think using the right shampoo for your hair has huge effects since it’s a determinant of how your dry or styled hair will appear. I have been using Redken’s shampoo and conditioners for two years now and, to say the least, they have dramatically changed my hair. Their shampoos target a specific hair concern (I use the Frizz Dismiss one) and always give you a great deep clean. While their products are on the expensive side, I often buy the jumbo size of shampoo and conditioner which usually lasts me the entire school year. A little goes a long way with these products!

Deep Conditioner

Briogeo’s line of “plant-powered” hair products features some game-changing deep conditioners. Two of my favorites are the “Don’t Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask” and the “Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioning Spray.” Each of Briogeo’s treatments accommodates a specific hair need: the scalp-revival shampoo treatment is on my must-try list. These treatments will leave your hair stronger and silkier than ever!!

Hair Oil

For many ladies, the Moroccanoil treatment is the holy grail of hair oil. I, however, only tried this product for the first time a month ago—and I am in awe! Oils have a reputation for weighing down the hair and leaving the appearance of greasy or unwashed roots. This product does neither and rather leaves hair silky smooth and frizz-free! While this product is more expensive than most hair oils, a little goes a LONG way. I use a small drop on wet hair, before using a blow-drier, and it works wonders. It revitalizes my ends and gives my sometimes dull hair great shine!

Detangler

Dry Bar’s Prep Rally not only smells AMAZING but works wonders on detangling knotty hair. The spray product also acts as a heat protectant, making it the perfect 2-in-1 to use out of the shower prior to styling your hair! The spray is simple and nurtures your hair because it is infused with hair strengthening vitamins like biotin.

Dry Shampoo

The IGK Jet Lag Dry Shampoo is great for those days in between washes when your hair can sometimes look flat or oily. This product works for all hair types. The best thing about it is that it sprays on CLEAR! Before using this product, I would dread using dry shampoo because it would leave a white film on my roots—girls with darker hair understand the struggle. The light, fragrant smell isn’t overpowering and the spray doesn’t leave a sticky residue. It’s perfect for a quick, subtle hair refresh!

The All-In-One Product

It’s a 10’s “Miracle Leave-In Product” is one of the most widely recognized hair styling products.  But, it’s true, the product in the infamous purple bottle works wonders. Spray on wet or dry hair for amazing results. The product is supposed to solve 10 hair care needs: “repairs dry damaged hair, adds shine, smoothes & controls frizz, seals & protects hair color, detangles, prevents split ends, stops hair breakage, creates silkiness, enhances natural body, and flat iron & thermal protector.”

These hair care products are some of my favorites and have changed my hair care game! To switch up my routine, I like to swap out these products for one another… and try new ones, too! Give them a try; maybe they’ll give you your silkiest, smoothest hair yet!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.