This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s official! the sunny days are fading away and gray, rainy skies are taking over. But it’s not all bad! It turns out that there are a lot of great places around Boston to hide away until the sun comes back out. 

1. Pavement Coffeehouse

Pavement has a warm and almost rustic feel to it. It’s easy to spend hours sitting in one of their cozy chairs in the back room and lose track of time. You can enjoy a warm cup of coffee, while dreaming the cold away.   

2. Trident Booksellers and Café 

You can get lost among the shelves of books in Trident, and enjoy every minute of it. If you happen to feel hungry after all the exploring, you can grab a seat at the café and consume a hearty meal, including the famous breakfast food (‘cause French Toast tastes good any time of the day!)  

3. Newbury Comics

Whether you go to the Newbury or Quincy Market location, Newbury Comics is heaven on earth. There’s something for everyone, even for non-comic readers. Caution: you might leave the shop with a much lighter wallet than you had when you walked in! 

4. Boston Public Library 

If you’re going to be stuck inside anyway, you may as well get some work done! The Boston Public Library is a beautiful and studious place to get a head start on that research paper that’s been nagging in the back of your mind. Plus, you feel like you’re studying inside Hogwarts! It’s a win-win! 

5. Starbucks 

Starbucks is a nice place to sit down and chill out. Grab a few friends, chat for a while, and lounge by the windows and watch the raindrops slither down. A little coffee and friends can make any day feel bright (Peppermint Mocha, anyone?)  

6. Common Room

And lastly, if you don’t want to leave the dorm, there’s no better place to hang out than in the Common Room with your floor mates. When you’re living with people for at least a year, it’s great to spend time with them and get to know them (better). After all, these can be the friendships that last for a lifetime. 

You never know what the weather will be like in Boston, so make sure you find a fun refuge when spending a day out on the BU Beach just isn’t an option.  

Jessica is a senior at Boston University, studying in the School of Communication with a major in Mass Communication, a minor in Cinema & Media Studies and is on the Pre-Law Track. She made the move from Westchester, NY to Boston, and is living in a constant fear of the impending winter. When not in class, she could be found obsessing over Harry Potter or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, making poorly timed puns, or drinking an excess of tea.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.