5 Weirdest Couple Products Ever Sold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Everyone has seen the lovey-dovey aspect of Valentine’s Day- the cheesy couple sweaters, keychains, bracelets, and dozens of other products. But we all know that one couple that’s a little…unconventional. For every strange relationship, there is a stranger product to match it. Forget those mixed chocolates with questionable fillings—have you ever thought of getting your S.O. underwear for two? 

1. Fundies

That last sentence was no joke. This is an actual product marketed to actual couples. It might be another valid excuse for couples to strip down and get cozy, but something about squeezing into giant tighty-whities is distinctly unsexy.

2. Dualbrella

Often find yourself getting caught in the rain with your honey? Why would you invest in a bigger umbrella when you can buy one that looks like it’s stuck in the process of mitosis?

3. Veasyble Privacy Dome

Alright, we all wish those couples who made out in-between classes in high school had invested in one of these. If the urge to swap spit is too great to resist, one of you can break out this foldable dome and make out in privacy. But wouldn’t couples draw even more attention to themselves by using what amounts to a mini Epcot ball for privacy?

4. Smittens

The ingenious and adorable name for this product almost saves it from how cheesy it is—almost. If the original Smittens weren’t intimate enough, these heart-shaped Smittens will let everyone know you can’t even let glove material get between you and your boo.

5. Kissenger Kissing Robot

We understand that long-distance relationships can be trying, but maybe this product isn’t the best way to go about it. This pig provides a tangible way to kiss your partner when they’re far away. It maps out the physical movements of your lips and transmits them to your partner’s piggy. Try explaining that to your roommate when she walks in on you snogging a robot. 

Nicole is a junior Film/TV major at Boston University. She's an Argentinean first generation student who made the leap from Miami to Boston for college. She has chosen writing as a career for reasons no one can explain, except maybe with theories of her masochistic tendencies. She dreams of being on a writing team for a sitcom and someday becoming a showrunner of her own original show.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.