5 Ways to Bond with Your Roommate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It may be difficult at first to break the ice between you and your roommate. Getting a new roommate will always be nerve wrecking because you are never going to know what will happen. If you are looking for some ways on how to bond and create a closer connection with each other and get rid of any awkward tensions, check out these tips! Or, if you and your roommate are close but you’re looking for some new ways to spice up that roomie relationship, these tips would be great for you, too!

Go out on a roommate dinner date

One of the best ways to get closer with your roommate is to go on fancy dinner dates with them at least once a month. Dressing up and doing each other’s hair to go to a nice dine-in restaurant will do the trick. After the restaurant, try going out for some desserts or maybe even hit up a party or a club!

Start a New TV Show with them

Give yourself and your roommate something to look forward to every week. Start watching a TV series together one night a week where you could just relax, do your nails, put on facemasks and eat junk food (or fruits if you prefer that more). It’s such an easy and quick way to become best friends.

Explore Boston as tourists

Students at BU have such an advantage when it comes to having the city of Boston right outside of our doors. If you and your roommate aren’t from Boston, make plans to explore the city together. Become foodies and discover and try out new restaurants. Be tourists and bring a camera to capture the experience. Whether it’s the North End, the Boston Common or Newbury Street, there is an unlimited number of places to explore and things to do together in Boston.

Work out Together

Bond with the roommate by going to the gym together! Now that it’s a start of a new year, set a goal for the both of you to achieve. Motivating each other to stay active is much easier than doing it alone. You can also take a PDP like hip hop or yoga together! It’ll be crazy fun!

Start Blogging

If you and your roommate have already done all the things above and want to try something incredibly cool, start a blog together! My roommate and I are currently working on one. You both can blog about fashion, food, traveling, etc! Blogging can be the perfect way to take your friendship to the next level.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.