This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

At this point in the semester, we’ve all settled into our study routines. We have our favorite spot to go, the best time to study based on our schedules, and of course, our favorite study snacks. But when your coursework is hitting you hard and you feel like you’re in a rut, sometimes it’s good to change up your routine. I’m going to share some of my favorite (underappreciated) study spots on campus so you can get out of the library and out of your studying slump!

1. Fifth Floor of the Yawkey Center for Student Services

Credit: Study Spots Boston

Once again, the Yawkey fifth floor is conveniently located near a place you can get food (I think you can guess what I value most in a study spot by now), Yawkey is a newer building and it has so many places to study. My favorite place is the fifth floor, where you can find comfy chairs and a gorgeous view. As a bit of an added bonus, you can walk down Bay State Road to get there and take in the beautiful scenery before settling in to study.

2. The Dean’s Study Lounge

Credit: Boston University

Located on the 3rd floor of the GSU, the Dean’s Study Lounge is one of my favorite places to go when studying with friends. You can grab something to eat from the GSU then cozy into one of the many cushy chairs or couches in the lounge. There are also tables if you need to spread out all of your work, and the windows have a view of the GSU Plaza.

3. The Kenmore Starbucks

Credit: Travel Run Live Love

The Starbucks in Kenmore seems to be often overlooked by those who do not live in East Campus, although it isn’t far from popular locations like the Yawkey Student Center and a couple of East Campus dorms. This Starbucks is more spacious than the one in Warren, and it feels less “on-campus” than other locations. If you feel like the BU Bubble is contributing to your study slump, it’s the perfect place to go.

4. The Basement of the Metcalf Science Center

Credit: BU Today

The basement of the Metcalf Science Center is a great place to study in between classes. There are comfy booths with whiteboards in case you need the space to write something out, and plenty of counter space and tables scattered around the area. You can study here with friends or alone, and it’s a quick walk from CAS and many other locations in Central Campus.

5. Top Floor of Hojo

Credit: BU Study Spots

This is another study spot for people who need a good view to motivate them. Any BU student living on campus can swipe in and take an elevator to the 7th floor, where they will find a staircase leading to an expansive study room and gorgeous views of Kenmore Square and Bay State Road. With seating along the windows and at tables throughout the lounge, this is a perfect place for a long study sesh.

If you’ve been sitting in the library or your dorm room for hours and you need a change of pace, consider going out and finding a new place to study. Sometimes a change of scene is all you need to get back on track and be productive AF.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Morgan is a senior at Boston University studying public relations with minors in art history and political science. She loves fall, cafés, and exploring Boston. She is a frequent art museum goer and an ardent Bruins fan. Besides writing, Morgan's hobbies include curating Spotify playlists, cheering on the BU Terriers at hockey games, and exploring independent bookstores.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.