This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I love summer! As a student, you come to appreciate summer and all its goodies because we know it changes when we officially enter… adulthood. The sun, the fun, the no school mindset, SUMMER IS GREAT! Here are five things I love about summer:

1. SUN.

I used to take the sun for granted. I’m from a place where is it is always sunny, for the most part. When I came to Boston to study, I realized how much my mood depended on the weather. So for me, SUN = HAPPY MIKAELA. In fact, one of my favorite feelings is the rays of the sun on my skin.

2. The beach.

I LOVE THE BEACH. In the summer, it is more crowded, but I still manage to have fun and relax. I love the feeling of the sand and the sun. I also love swimming in the ocean and riding the waves.

3. No stress (kinda).

Summer means NO SCHOOL unless you are taking summer classes. For the most part, summer is a time where students can relax and revive themselves from a busy school year. There are no tests, papers, or homework to worry about.

4. Travel.

The summer is when I do the majority of my traveling. This includes trips to a different country, a different state, or even a different city. They may be big family trips or just a small road trip with my closest friends. I am very grateful for every opportunity I get to travel!

5. Relaxation.

In the summer, especially as a student, if I am not doing an internship or taking summer classes, I have the option to relax and literally do nothing. I don’t have to worry about schoolwork. Of course, I can only do this for so long before I get bored. But hey, sometimes you just need to relax and do nothing for a day.

Summer is the opportunity for students to celebrate finishing another successful year of studies with traveling or relaxing. Some students may even have the opportunity to do an internship or have a summer job! Whatever you do this summer, HAVE FUN AND WEAR SOME SUNSCREEN! Enjoy that summer state of mind!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Mikaela is a sophomore in Boston University's College of Communication. Her major is advertising and has an focus in Spanish. Mikaela likes avocado toast, hot chocolate more than coffee, and dogs. Her passions include fashion, watching movies, and eating yummy food. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.