5 Spooky Netflix Films Coming to You This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The first day of fall has officially come and gone, which means that spooky season is here. The days are getting shorter, the air crisper, and TV shows and movies spookier. In fact, Netflix has already released their entire “Netflix and Chills” 2021 Lineup for anyone who is in the mood for a good thrill.

Here are just five of the new TV shows and movies in Netflix’s fall line-up.

October 6: “THere’s someone inside your house

From the producers of Stranger Things and The Conjuring, this new thriller film is everyone’s worst nightmare. There is a masked killer who is targeting the graduating class of Osborne High and exposing their darkest secrets. If that’s not scary enough, the killer seems to already be inside all of their houses. A group of outsiders in the graduating class must figure out how to stop the killings in this suspense horror.

October 8: “a tale dark & grimm”

This movie is a very dark twist on an already dark fairytale. Just when you think it’s going to be a friendly kids’ movie, it proves you wrong. In this version of Hansel and Gretel, they walk out of their own fairytale into various other Grimm-inspired fairy tales to try to find suitable and kind parents that will treat them right. Don’t judge this one as a kids’ movie — it’s anything but!

October 15: “you”

The long-awaited third season of You is finally nearly here. You caught the attention of millions by telling the story of an obsessive psychopath who fixates on women and usually ends up murdering many along his journey to find love. And in this season, Joe actually finds love with Love. The third season of this thriller suspense series will tell the story of Joe and Love as they navigate life as new parents to their son, Henry.

October 20: “Night teeth”

Yep, another vampire movie. But this one looks entertaining. This new movie follows a college student moonlighting as a chauffeur as he drives around two mysterious women for an entire night in LA. He eventually finds out that they are vampires, and he must fight for his life. It sounds cheesy and bad, but hopefully it will be a fun twist on vampires that we haven’t seen before.

October 27: “Hypnotic”

A trailer has not yet been released for this film, but the premise alone sounds promising. This thriller follows a young woman seeking self-improvement who goes to a renowned hypnotist to do so. But after some intense sessions, she discovers deadly secrets and irreversible consequences. Sounds interesting.

Halloween is rapidly approaching, so be sure to check out these new Netflix hits to get in the spooky spirit!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.