5 Reasons Why You Should Attend College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Calling all lipstick lovers and couture coveters! Her Campus College Fashion Week returns to Boston this Saturday, and it’s a fashion-filled evening you won’t want to miss. From lust worthy local designs to goodie bags galore, here are a few reasons you should make it to CFW:

1. There’ll be previews of fall fashions.

Although it doesn’t quite compare to its illustrious cousin, this event brings the runway to our very own backyard with the best of Boston fashion. The models – who in fact are all college women of every shape, size and color – showcase trending pieces from local female designers. So you’ll know exactly where to get the hottest looks in order to stand out in the crowd this season.

2.There’ll be fun performances.

In addition to the fantastic looks that will come down the runway, the fashion show always includes live acts. Experience the harmonious ballads of local A cappella groups or the high-energy routines of an Irish step dance team. We can’t wait to see what’s in store for this year.

3. You’ll get free stuff – duh.

As any broke college student can attest, free stuff is basically the holy grail of our existence. At CFW, every attendee with be given a goodie bag, which typically includes an assortment of snacks, coupons and beauty essentials. As you roam about the venue, you will find (unlimited!!) treats to satisfy your sweet tooth (think last year’s delectable frozen custard) as well as an array of free beauty services (such as brow waxing or makeup tutorials). This year’s partners include Rebecca Minkoff, Vince Camuto, Drybar, Fitbit, Maidenform Shapewear, Maidenform Hosiery, Hanes Hosiery, European Wax Center, KIND and more.

4. You can pull out your most stylish duds.

Amidst class lectures and a slew of sports games, you’ll often find few opportunities to “dress up” in college. Meanwhile, that beautiful pair of pumps or cocktail dress sadly remains neglected in the back of your closet. Now’s your chance to give it some love (and prove to mom that yes, you actually needed to bring that back to school with you). You’ll not only look fabulous but you’ll feel fabulous too, likely from all the compliments you’ll receive on your chic ensemble.

5. There will be awesome photo opps.

Grab a glass of champagne (or sparkling cider if you’re not 21) and pose in front of the runway to share your amazing style with the world. Or grab a friend and head to the photo booth, which has consistently been present at the event each year. If you’re still unconvinced about attending CFW, at the very least, do it for the Insta.

CFW will be held September 24 from 6-9 pm at the Revere Hotel. Tickets are available for purchase here.

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."