5 Reasons We Should All Strive to be like Olivia Pope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Olivia Pope, the political crisis manager on ABC’s Scandal, is by far one of most polarizing figures on television. Her drive and tenacious spirit, prevalent throughout both her work and personal life, allow her accomplish anything she puts her mind to. She is, in all-meanings of the phrase, a badass. Below are the reasons why we should all embrace our inner Olivia Pope.

1) She keeps herself under composure at all times.

When all of Washington has you on speed dial, you have no time to freak out. Olivia Pope gets the job done, every single time, and by any mean necessary.

2) She doesn’t settle.

Olivia tells the most powerful man in the world (AKA President Fitzgerald Grant) to earn her love. She knows how she wishes to be treated, and holds everyone, even the president, to that standard. 

3) She fights for those who don’t have a voice.

While Olivia Pope does represent Washington’s biggest celebrities, like the President or the Attorney General, she never forgets to help those in need. When a police brutality situation is covered up by a Washington D.C. cop, she is the first to come to the victim’s defense, proving his innocence to the world. 

4) She has a perfect outfit for every situation.

Whether she attends a Washington gala or goes to her office to meet a new client, she always looks fabulous! Perfect white trench coat? It’s handled. Black and white blocked formal gown? Also handled.

5) Even though her life may be stressful, she never forgets to treat herself.

After a long day of fixing other people’s problems, Olivia enjoys sitting on her big comfy couch in her pajamas with her favorite drink — red wine — and a huge bowl of popcorn. 

So everyone, unleash your inner Olivia Pope, and you’ll be glad you did. 

Elena is a junior at Boston University studying Film and Television and Journalism.  She likes her shows created by HBO or Shonda Rhimes and possesses an undying love for the New England Patriots.     
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.