This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Podcasts have become a really popular pastime in recent years. With hundreds of different genres and topics, everyone can find the right podcast for them. Now that we’re all under quarantine, it’s a great time to start listening. Below are five of my recommendations for podcasts you should listen to, no matter where your interests lie!

Superhero Roundup by Sourcefed Nerd

If you’re into superhero comics, then this is the podcast for you. A group of fellow superhero nerds recap the goings-on of popular comic-book-inspired shows such as The Flash and iZombie. The group discusses what happens in the shows, their predictions, and how they relate to their comic book counterparts. This is a great podcast if you want to get into some of the popular superhero shows but don’t have much background with the comics.

Zane and Heath: Unfiltered by Zane Hijazi and Heath Hussar

There are so many podcasts by popular YouTubers, and this one’s no different. Four members of the popular YouTube group “The Vlog Squad” created a comedy-based podcast. Duo Zane Hijazi and Heath Hussar are known for their duet comedy sketches, and alongside friends Mariah Amato and Matt King, the quad recounts stories from their lives and gives an unfiltered perspective on the crazy things they get into. I specifically recommend this podcast to those who are fans of the Vlog Squad or those who love unfiltered comedy. If you are fans of other YouTubers, chances are they also have a podcast!

My Favorite Murder by Karen Kilgraff and Georgia Hardstark

True crime podcasts are probably the most popular genre of podcasts. Everyone is looking to get their horror fix. Lifelong true crime fans Karen Kilgraff and Georgia Hardstark recount their favorite tales of murder and hear hometown crime stories from friends and fans. The stories aren’t the most well-researched, but the storytelling is what makes this podcast great. Kilgraff and Hardstark are fantastic comedians with witty senses of humor and will keep you entertained. 

Brooklyn Nine-Nine The Podcast by Marc Evan Johnson

If you’re a fan of the hit NBC comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine, then this is the podcast for you. Cast member Marc Evan Johnson gives a behind-the-scenes look into the show, and there are frequent guest appearances by other members of the cast and crew. If you’re looking to learn more about Brooklyn Nine-Nine and what goes on behind the scenes, I recommend this podcast.

Meet Cute by Meet Cute

If you’re a hopeless romantic, this podcast is definitely for you. Each episode is a 15-minute story of cute romantic encounters. If you’re looking for a light-hearted podcast with cute happy endings, I recommend this podcast.

There are hundreds of podcasts out there, so if these five didn’t pique your interest, there are many more to choose from. Take time during this quarantine to relax and listen to one of these great podcasts. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

MyChalia is a freshman majoring in English Education in the Wheelock College of Education and Human Development at Boston University. She has a passion for education and social justice, as well as creating a loving and accepting community for all regardless of race, gender, sexual identity, etc. MyChalia also has a passion for reading and creative writing. She can be found lost in the isles of a Barnes n' Noble or chilling in a random Boston cafe drinking iced coffee.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.