This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The week in which you will spend your time buried in textbooks is fast approaching. The library will be your temporary home and you’ll barely have time to eat or shower, not to mention spend ages on your makeup. But perhaps you will have a couple of instances during finals where you need, or want, to feel more put together. Here are a few beauty products that require minimal effort and will help you feel your best. 

1. Concealer 

With all that studying you will definitely have bags under your eyes. There are many different concealer options so look around and find one that works for you, and matches your skin tone of course. Some recommendations include NYX Dark Circle Concealer ($6 at nyxcosmetics.com) and Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes ($9.49 at neutrogena.com)  

2. Cream eye shadow 

With cream eye shadow, all it takes is one sweep across your lids and suddenly your eyes look great. You can use a brush but fingers work just as well! Try Maybelline’s Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze ($6.99 at CVS) for a beautiful, easy eye look.  

3. Mascara 

Mascara is super easy to apply and brightens up your eyes instantly. Pick a smudge proof option so it won’t move during the long hours you’ll be keeping it on. Products to try include L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara ($7.99 at Ulta) and CoverGirl Last Blast 24HR Mascara ($8.99 at covergirl.com)  

4. Tinted Lip Balm 

It’s winter so the season of dry lips is upon us and lipstick is just too much to handle during finals. Instead, opt for a tinted lip balm to bring a little color to your lips and moisturize them at the same time. Try Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm ($7 at burtsbees.com). 

5. Hand lotion 

It’ll make your hands feel so much better after all of the writing and typing you will be doing and the smell is an instant pick me up. Try Lush’s Charity pot. For only $6 dollars you get a really nice lotion and all the money goes to a nonprofit of your choice. 

And finally for a quick study break laugh, here’s a video of men trying liquid eyeliner for the first time (of course there are men who can do great eyeliner. These men are not some of them). Enjoy! 

Catrin is a freshman at Boston University. Although she is a British citizen, she considers Boulder, Colorado as her hometown. She is pursuing a degree in International Relations in the College of Arts and Sciences with a minor in Gender, Sexuality, and Women's studies. She is a lover of cats, theatre, the outdoors, and beauty products. 
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis