5 Halloween Looks that Only Require Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s officially spooky season, which means Halloween is right around the corner! But with classes in full swing, you just don’t have time to put together an elaborate costume. Using makeup as the focal point of your Halloween costume is an easy solution. Whether you pick up some new products or use makeup that you already own, you can easily throw together a makeup-driven look for Halloween that is sure to impress the masses.

1. Melting Barbie Doll

The melting Barbie look is a personal favorite of mine. It’s surprisingly simple and there are so many outfits you can wear with it. Even the makeup itself is very customizable, as long as you have the iconic pink lip and of course the melting effect. The special effects gel that creates the appearance of melting plastic is easy and fun to use, and it amazes anyone who sees it.

2. Scarecrow

The scarecrow is a quintessential Halloween costume. So why not reinvent the look by using an Insta-worthy makeup tutorial? I specifically love the one pictured above because the orange and black color scheme puts a new spin on the classic costume. And the best part is, all you really need to complete this spooky scarecrow ensemble is a fall-colored outfit and a straw hat!

3. Galaxy Gal

This galaxy look is so simple and cute, and all that you need to pull it together are space buns and any cute outfit that fits the vibe. If you are less confident in your makeup skills, this is the perfect costume to try, and even though it doesn’t require a lot of intricate makeup artistry, it looks impressive and adorable! You can even change it up based on what colors you want to use or where you want the mini galaxy to spread across your face.

4. Pixelating Face

Pixelated makeup is another trendy Halloween look that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It looks a lot more complicated to create than it is, so this is an easy way to make a last minute costume seem like it took a lot of thought and effort. You can use any colors that complement your complexion, so it’s super easy to make this look your own.

5. Skull Makeup

Another twist on a classic, this skull makeup is an easy last-minute costume. All you need is some black clothing and of course the makeup itself. This specific skull recreation caught my eye because of the dark smokey eye, which is a unique variation of the defined circles that are usually drawn around the eye to represent the skull’s eye sockets. Whether you choose a more traditional skull makeup look or decide to be creative with it, the skeleton costume is a classic that never fails.

With these five looks, you’re fully prepped to slay spooky season. Happy Halloween!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Morgan is a senior at Boston University studying public relations with minors in art history and political science. She loves fall, cafés, and exploring Boston. She is a frequent art museum goer and an ardent Bruins fan. Besides writing, Morgan's hobbies include curating Spotify playlists, cheering on the BU Terriers at hockey games, and exploring independent bookstores.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.