This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Are you looking for something fun to do instead of being stuck inside? Is it nice outside, but you don’t know what to do? If you keep reading, I go through five fun things to do during the spring time. From tie dye crafts to roller blading, there is so much you can do in the spring time. Getting outside and enjoying the fresh air is the perfect way to start off spring time! 

Tie Dye Sweatsuit

One of the best ways to pass time is to tie dye! It’s fun to tie dye basically anything like t-shirts, socks, and pillow cases.

The cutest and most recent trend is to tie dye sweatsuits. Go to your local Walmart, crafts store, or even on Amazon to find a white sweatshirt crew neck and white sweat pants. Then pick up some dye and rubber bands at a crafts store to tie dye the sweatsuit. You can choose one color or multiple. I recommend doing one color like pink or blue! Once the tie dye is complete and dry, you can customize the sweat suit a little more. If you want, you can crop the crew neck for a trendy look!

Tie dying will definitely kill time, and get you outside on a spring day! 

Rollerblading

Another fun activity is to invest in some rollerblades! Rollerblades are a great way to get outside for fresh air and exercise in a fun way. Amazon sells rollerblades for fifty dollars or less!

Take your skates to local parks, river walks, or even up and down your street. Convince your friends to get some too, and then it will be really fun! Roller blades are the perfect way to get outside in the spring, instead of sitting inside invested in technology and social media. Enjoy the fresh air! 

DIY Jean Jacket

Have you ever wanted to customize a jean jacket? Now you totally can!

All you need to do is buy a jean jacket, paint, and paint brushes. Customizing a jean jacket is a fun DIY for the spring because jean jackets are perfect for spring weather. You can put anything on your jacket. Some ideas I recommend are your university logo, flowers, red lips, lucky numbers, and cute quotes!

DIYing your jean jacket will make use of a nice spring day outside. Stores like Forever 21, Amazon, or even Goodwill sell jean jackets for a good price! Be creative, be bold, and have fun customizing your new jean jacket! 

Thrifting

The best way to start off spring is with a big thrift haul. This is the perfect time to find standout pieces and pieces to revamp or diy.

I recommend going on a certain day of the week to get the best deals on the clothes you buy. Spring is the perfect time to test out a new fashion trend or style that you make be interested in. Thrifting gets you out of the house and crafting! Try out something new, something you would never do.

Go for that bold blazer or Hawaiian dad shirt! Now is the time to test out a fresh look. 

Getting ice cream

The ultimate spring activity is getting ice cream!

Every town has its own local ice cream shop that is a must, but if you happen to be in Connecticut, I highly recommend Milkcraft. This is hands down the best ice cream I have ever had. Nothing beats its buttery smooth and creamy texture. The best flavor there is Blue Cookie Butter! The name speaks for itself. It tastes like heaven! Creamy, buttery, cookie, vanilla, yum! You can get it in a bubble waffle cone which is supper yummy.

The best part of getting ice cream is taking cute pictures! Start off spring with something sweet! 

The start of spring can be tiresome or boring. Make use of the warmer weather and get outside. Take the fresh start of spring to start some new projects and DIYs. Start with a new you! If you try the activities I mentioned, you are sure to have a fun time. Fresh air and sunny days are soon to come! Get outside and enjoy the start of spring! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Maya is a current freshman at Boston University, class of 2023. She is studying in the College of General Studies with a major in Biology on the pre-med track, and plans to transition into the College of Arts and Sciences to continue her education. Outside of academics she enjoys dancing, working out, skincare, and shopping! She explores new places-especially coffee shops in Boston-and taking cute photos. She likes to travel around the world capturing adventures through fun videos and photos. When it comes to fashion she loves to research new trends and styles. She loves makeup and skincare. If a new makeup pallet just came out, she has it! She is passionate about meeting new people and making new friends!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.