5 Foods That Will Make You Forget You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Let’s face it: it’s not always easy being single. From constantly being convinced to third wheel by being promised that “it won’t be awkward” to receiving pity glances when you ask for a table for one, the universe seems intent on finding ways to remind you of your single status.  When times get a little tough and you find it difficult to enjoy being single, indulging in delicious food is the perfect way to return you to your happily single state. Whether you’re mending a broken heart or a long-time resident of Single Town, treat yourself to some good food! And remember: fries before guys and nachos before machos.

1.     Pizza

There’s no better relationship than the one you have with the pizza delivery person. When you’re not obligated to share, it’s just you and an entire pizza. What more could you ask for? 

2.     Bacon

There’s no situation that bacon can’t fix.  Put it in a burger, eat with your pancakes, or have it by itself. There’s never a wrong way or time to eat bacon.

3.     Ice CreamYes, ice cream is definitely the stereotypical single girl food, but that doesn’t make it any less delicious. Curling up with your favorite ice cream is the equivalent of an infinitely warm hug.

4.     Finger FoodNo more avoiding messy foods at dinner dates in order to keep your outfit and face clean, dig into that burger you’ve been wanting to try. Order your favorite wings or barbeque ribs, and eat your heart out!

5.     NutellaNutella is happiness in a jar. There’s no shame in going straight for the Nutella jar with an extra large spoon because you can never have enough of this liquid gold. 

Academic Year: 2016Major: Public RelationsAstrological Sign: LibraEditorial team member, social media addict, and foodie.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.