5 Easy Ways to Change Up Your Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

A lot of us don’t have the time or money to go shopping for a whole new wardrobe when we’re getting sick of our old style. But with a few tips and tricks, you can shake up your look on a quick & easy budget.

1. Headwear!

Liven up a bland outfit with some headwear! Depending on the season, rocking anything from a beanie to a headband to a baseball cap can change up your style game completely. It adds to the look in an effortless way. Which headwear style do you choose?

2. BLING!

No need to buy up everything Forever21 has in stock. Express yourself with a go-to assortment of jewelery. Places like Brandy Melville, Forever21 and Urban Outfitters (all on Newbury St.) have an outstanding selection that can pump up any outfit. Push your style’s limits with new pieces like body wrap jewlery, ear cuffs, mid-rings & chunky rings.

3. Splash of Color!

So long as you choose the right brand, salon, or friend for the job, dyeing your hair could do wonders for spicing up your style and helping you stay entertained with your look. A deep dark look for mid-winter or a soft lighter look to usher in spring could be the difference your inner goddess is begging you to make to liven up your look. You never know until you try! (I’ve seen many dorm-dye appointments.)

4. Lipstick!

A stick of colored lips can go a long way in upping an outfit. Don’t just reserve that bright new shade from Sephora for a night out downtown with your girls. Take it to class and pair it with the right wear to add flavor to your look. When paired the right way, it can make all the difference.

If you’re still bored but have to keep that budget, check out Good Will on Commonwealth & uncover some gems! Where there’s a will there’s a way! Happy styling!

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/julia-buckley/99/27b/1b9
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.