5 Easy DIY Halloween Nails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

We’ve all seen the beautifully intricate Pinterest nail art that pops up for every holiday. Skeletons, ghosts, and dripping blood nail designs are all really cool for October. For non-manicure gurus, have no fear! These five nail designs are simple to master for anyone with Halloween spirit. 

1. Candy Corn 

This classic Halloween candy is also an easy nail art design! Depending on your level of commitment, you can either swipe three quick stripes across your nail OR take the slightly longer route. Paint a base coat of yellow and then let it completely dry. With striping tape or a French tip guide (or skill/luck), leave a stripe of yellow and paint the rest of the nail orange. Dry the nails and then add a small white stripe at the tip. This manicure is sweet with any Halloween outfit! 

2. Vampire Inspired

If candy corn involves too many stripes, stick to a simple French tip design. Make it spooky enough for Halloween with dark, vampy colors. This is a bloody brilliant addition to any vampire or witch costume! 

3. Eyeballs

Give your nails some personality with cute little eyeballs. Simply paint your nails black, let them dry, and then add two dots of white polish. After the two dots are dry, use a toothpick to make a pupil in the middle of the white blobs. All eyes will be on your nails at the Halloween party! 

4. Bloody Fingerprints

You might be caught red handed with these chilling nails! After a dry white base coat, pour some red polish on a paper plate and cover your fingerprint in red. Blot excess polish off on a paper towel and then take your red-covered finger and press down on each of your nails. 

5. Halloween Glitter

If these designs still seem impossible (don’t worry— most nail art takes a lot of practice and a bit of magic), go for the classic Halloween colors. Spice up the standard orange and black with some glitter. You can’t go wrong with sparkly nails! 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.