Style

5 Closet Pieces That Will Take You From Fall To Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Winter is steadily creeping upon us and it’s almost time to bust out those winter jackets! Fortunately, you don’t need a whole new wardrobe for winter in order to block out the Boston cold. I’ve compiled a list of essential pieces that will work for cool autumn days, as well as for the brisk winter!

Turtleneck Bodysuit 

A turtleneck bodysuit is definitely one of the most versatile and practical pieces on this list. The fact that it is a bodysuit makes it ideal for layering and makes you look put together without the effort! Style with a denim jacket and a skirt in the fall, and carry it to winter by styling it with an oversized sweater on top and your warmest puffer jacket! I like this one here

Teddy Jackets

You’ve probably seen a bunch of girls sporting a teddy jacket on the streets already, and for a good reason! They are super versatile. These jackets will take you from day to night! Style them with your favorite pair of jeans or your favorite cocktail dress. In the winter, pair with a chunky sweater to stay warm! I like this one here

Black Tights

Every girl should own a pair of black tights. You can wear them under a skirt or dress, but my favorite way to use them in the winter is to wear them underneath my pants for an extra layer of warmth! This pair from Uniqlo has special heat-trapping technologies! 

Doc Martens

These chunky combat boots have made a huge comeback over the years. These are perfect for both fall and winter because they look adorable with dresses, skirts, jeans, and leggings, but they’re also waterproof and can definitely handle some snow. Buy them here.

Joggers

Joggers are a great way to wear sweatpants while still maintaining structure and shape. Pair them with a crop top and sneakers in the fall, or pair them with a cozy sweater and uggs in the Winter! I’m really liking this pair here

As you can see, you don’t need to buy a whole new wardrobe for winter! Give your bank accounts a break and invest in pieces that work for both fall and winter! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Ro is a sophomore at BU studying Finance.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.