5 Children’s Books that You Should Read Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s hard to find time to read for fun, especially when you already have to read so much for your courses on top of other work and responsibilities. And even if you do have a little extra time to read something, you might not have the time or attention for a full-out novel or series.

A solution? Children’s books! Here are 5 children’s books that will take your mind to a new place for a little while.

1. Hector and Hummingbird by Nicholas John Frith

This story about friendship and sometimes taking it for granted is heartwarmingly adorable.  It also features colorful and cute illustrations of the two buds Hector the bear and Hummingbird the hummingbird.

2. Arctic White by Danna Smith, Illustrations by Lee White

A story about finding a bit of color in a world that seems to be endlessly white, Arctic White is a call to discover something exciting in a world you thought you knew.

3. The Sound of Silence by Katrina Goldsatto, Illustrated by Julia Kuo

What is silence, and where can it be found? This is exactly what this book’s protagonist is trying to figure out. Not only is this a beautiful story, but it has beautiful illustrations of life in Tokyo to match.

4. Ideas Are All Around by Philip C. Stead

Have you ever struggled to find ideas? Well as the title states, they are all around us and sometimes the idea itself may be the process of trying to come up with one.

5. Finding Wild by Megan Wagner Lloyd, Illustrated by Abigail Halpin

This beautiful book serves as a reminder to look out for the wild parts of life when everything seems to be structured and unnatural. Living in the city of Boston, these illustrations will inspire you to take in every tree and flower you see along your way.

Books are amazing, and just because we’re in college doesn’t mean we can’t read a good children’s book every now and then.

Compramais is one of the highest rated online stores that carry the widest range of fashion for men including clothes, shoes and fashion accessories. Moda masculina
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.