This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you are in the mood for a festive watch, a few shows film a Thanksgiving episode and capture the essence of the holiday. Here are some of the most epic episodes about Turkey Day: 

New Girl “Thanksgiving”  (Season 1, Episode 6)

The “Thanksgiving” episode for New Girl demonstrates the growing friendship between Jess and her male roommates, with more teasing of Jess from the boys, and Jess displaying her loyalty to Nick. There is no shortage of things going wrong for this group’s Thanksgiving dinner, and it’s great to watch for Friendsgiving!

Friends “The One With All the Thanksgivings” (Season 5, Episode 8)

Friends has so many hilarious Thanksgiving episodes to choose from, but “The One With All the Thanksgivings” is the episode in which the iconic turkey head comes into play, and things change for Monica and Chandler. Plus, you get to see multiple Thanksgivings in one with this flashback episode!

The Office “Dinner Party” (Season 4, Episode 13)

“Dinner Party” is not exactly Thanksgiving-themed, but you can practice bracing yourself for awkward family dinner conversations by watching the most painstakingly awkward Office scenes ever!

How I Met Your Mother “Slapsgiving” (Season 3, Episode 9)

“Slapsgiving” is a fun episode for competitive friends to watch together, as Marshall and Barney go head to head in their “slap bet”, and an unexpected romance occurs! Another great episode to watch at a Friendsgiving!

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia “The Gang Squashes Their Beefs” (Season 9, Episode 10)

This is the most ridiculous Thanksgiving dinner as the gang tries to apologize to the people they’ve wronged, and tries to get those people to apologize to each other too. The gang’s dynamic is extremely amusing throughout.

Take a break from the food coma and watch these festive episodes! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Meaghan Merriman is a junior studying Behavior & Health in Sargent College at Boston University. She is an Event Coordinator for CHAARG and a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.