Hot Coffee In
Hot Coffee In
Alex Frank / Spoon

The 5 Best Chai in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The leaves are beginning to turn orange and the weather is getting colder. I don’t know what that means for you, but for me it means fall is upon us. My favorite way to start my days throughout the year is with a glass of tea. Fall is different though. Fall is chai weather for me—hot chai, to be specific. 

If you hate coffee and want a nice alternative, chai is the best thing around. As my sister describes it, it’s “fall in a cup”. Living in Boston for the past three years has shown me the best places to get chai and here is my definitive ranking. 

Pavement Coffeehouse

While I know some people who love and some people who hate Pavement’s chai, I personally love it, especially hot. It isn’t too sweet and is perfect with oat milk.

Caffè Nero

This is my favorite hot chai when I am looking for a sweeter chai. I add one pump of vanilla and get it with almond milk and cinnamon on top for the perfect fall treat.

1369 Coffee House

While this location is technically in Cambridge and not Boston, I had to include it on this list. The inside of this café is so cute and comforting, and so is their hot chai.

Thinking Cup

This coffee house reminds me of Pavement. It has a not-so-sweet chai that just warms you up in the fall time for a walk down Newbury Street.

Tradesman Coffee Shop and Lounge

This coffee shop is pretty far from BU’s campus, but worth the trip. While I have only been once, I really enjoyed my experience and the chai there!

If you can’t tell, I tend to frequent the same places for chai, but I am always open to try new spots!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterestboard, and read our latest Tweets!

Emma is a junior at Boston University majoring in English and minoring in Women and Gender Studies, in the College of Arts and Sciences. When not in class you can find the New York native writing/reading with a chai in hand.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.