This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

2019 was a turning point for me in many ways, but specifically, it was a big year for me in terms of my skin and my appearance. I expanded my knowledge of skincare and makeup and was able to better take care of myself, and I’d like to think I’ve come a long way.

Beyond that, I’ve also discovered a lot of new products throughout 2019, and here are some of my personal favorites.

Laneige Cream Skin Refiner

Wishing for a toner with the hydrating power of a moisturizer? Look no further! The Laneige Cream Skin Refiner is here to fulfill your desires! You can even grab a mist version, which makes hydrating your skin incredibly easy.

Urban Decay Stay Naked Foundation

As far as lasting power goes, this is one of the best foundations I’ve tried. And given its surprisingly skin-like finish, I’d say it’s the perfect everyday foundation for my oily-skinned folks.

Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Exfoliant

This product’s been around for years, but I discovered it in 2019, and I’m absolutely obsessed. As someone with genetically acne-prone, oily skin, I’ve gone through a ton of chemical exfoliators to find the perfect one, and this is my absolute holy grail. Even though it’s a BHA/uses salicylic acid, I never find it irritates my skin, and it actually feels quite gentle and nourishing. At the same time, though, it does a great job of fighting and preventing breakouts.

Fenty Beauty Killawatt Highlighter (Fire Crystal/Lightning Dust)

Also not a product that came out in 2019, but I discovered it this year, so it counts. This highlighter duo has an everyday, subtle option and a glam, glittery option, and I love both.

Krave Beauty Great Barrier Relief

This product is incredible for nourishing your skin barrier and providing deep-level moisture. I went through a whole bottle of it in the spring, and I definitely feel like it helped pull me out of a dark time for my skin.

What beauty products did you enjoy this year?

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Charlie Ough is a junior at CAS studying English. Aside from writing, his interests include makeup, skincare, and Mariah Carey.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.