priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Aaaah winter; a time for bundling and boo’ing up, for walking through the snow and holding hands as you go. Alright, I’ll stop with the cheesy rhymes. But I will say that, because of the season’s reputation for bringing new couples together and for giving established pairs more date opportunities, there are so many date ideas in the air this winter. Here are some of the best seasonal date ideas for you and your winter love to enjoy.

Playing in the Snow

There’s nothing as fun and wholesome as taking a snow day to be spontaneous with bae. Once there’s enough collection of snow for a proper date, pack up a thermos of some cocoa, bundle up, and hit the slopes… sort of. Bring some props in case the chance to make a cute snow person arises and get ready to battle for your life with a snowball fight. End the date warming up inside and catching up on each other’s lives.

Couples’ Skate at a Rink

You might think that you and your partner have to be pros on the ice to have fun, but an ice skating date is sure to be fun no matter what skill level you’re at. It’s the best way to let your guard down without getting too deep too soon. Clinging to one another is also a great way to test your trust instincts and see whether or not one of you would fall with the other or skate past them as they perish.

Do Some Holiday Baking

What’s cuter than turning on some holiday bops and having a bake-off with your significant other? Almost nothing. Have an oh-so-cozy night in and bake the night away so that you have a chance to do something fun that still allows for some great conversation. Get a little personal by preparing your favorite childhood sweets are turn the creativity up a notch and have a cupcake decorating contest. 

Help Each Other Gift Shop

With the holidays swiftly approaching, you will probably be hitting up a store or two to pick the best gifts for your loved ones. So, why not make a date of it and bring your partner along. This is a great way to get feedback on your present ideas while learning more about their preferences and opinions. Plus, if things go well, you can sweetly sneak a gift into their shopping bag to spread the joy even more. 

We hope these date options inspire your next hangout. Do you have any gift ideas you want to share with us? Let us know on any of our social media platforms.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets.

Noelle Monge is currently a senior in CAS, studying English. She loves earl grey-flavored treats and things that taste like fall, Broad City (#yas), and millennial pink anything. She's a Guam girl living in the always busy, eternally beautiful city of Boston. Hafa Adai all day!