4 TV Wardrobes to Die For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you’ve been feeling totally uninterested lately flipping through magazines for new outfit ideas, why not flip on the TV or browse through Netflix and pick up some tips from some of television’s most fashionable ladies? Even though you might be lacking the resources and budget of a professional stylist, here are a few simple ways to mix in aspects of some stylish characters into your own closet.

1.     Aria Montgomery (PLL)

Each of the main girls on Pretty Little Liars has their own unique vibe, but I’ve always felt that Aria’s mix of bohemian and rocker fashions was the most interesting and daring of the bunch. Aria’s looks are all about risk taking, almost always mixing bold prints and lots of accessories. To achieve an Aria inspired look, go for dark dresses, chunky belts and patterned tights. Some other popular choices to consider exploring if you’re feeling daring are cheetah prints, long earnings, and printed pants.

2.     Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl)

No list of fashionable of TV ladies would be complete without Queen B. For six seasons, Blair Waldorf rocked the Upper East Side and her perfectly preppy and polished style was the envy of viewers everywhere. Some necessities for achieving Blair’s sophisticated girly style include: blazers and tailored blouses, bright patterned skirts, and, of course, a wide selection of headbands. 

3.     Chloe (Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23)

Many people may not be familiar with this surprisingly funny, shortly lived ABC sitcom since it was cancelled after only 26 episodes which can now be seen on Netflix. The most memorable aspect of the show worth checking out is definitely the sexy, edgy fashion sense of Chloe, the main character and titular “B”. Chloe’s outfits always managed to be both luxurious and daring. Common features of her wardrobe include tons of red and black, long (faux) fur jackets, lacy slips, and quirky sunglasses. Chloe’s style and confidence is the perfect vibe to channel when going out to hit the town with friends.

4.     Clara Oswald (Doctor Who)

A British sci-fi show may not seem like the obvious place to look for outfit ideas, but latest companion Clara Oswald proves that a girl can travel all over space and time while still keeping up with the latest fashion trends. Clara’s style is a mixture of classic girly and functional. She almost always opts for a flowy dress with some kind of vintage detail like a matching Peter Pan collar. To toughen up the look though, she’s never without a great utility jacket, classic black tights, and super practical combat boots for running from villains. Emulating this look is all about taking a girly piece and toughening it up.

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis