This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Halloween might be over, but the end of spooky season comes with the start of a whole new month and a whole new set of films and shows to watch on Netflix! Here are a few new (and old) movies coming to Netflix this month that I’m most excited for:

Snowden — Nov. 1st

I’ve been waiting for the longest time to watch this movie, and honestly, I don’t know how I went so long without watching it. Snowden is an ex-US government employee turned whistleblower who leaks classified documents detailing secret mass surveillance programs. I remember hearing about the scandal as a kid, and this movie came out a few years afterward. If you’re interested in thrillers or films based on a true story, then this is definitely a movie you’ll want to see.

Prospect — Nov. 2nd

I love sci-fi movies, so of course, I had to talk about this one. This movie is a gem featuring Pedro Pascal from Disney’s The Mandalorian. The film centers around a teenage girl and her father, who are contracted to search for a deposit of jewels on the moon. But their expedition quickly turns into a mission of survival. It’s such a good movie and a must-see if you’re into the sci-fi or action genres.

Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey — Nov. 13th

This is the first of a string of holiday originals coming to Netflix. To be honest, I was initially only interested in this movie because it features songs created by John Legend and Usher. However, this movie has a fantastic cast featuring Forest Whitaker (Black Panther, The Butler), Anika Noni Rose (The Princess and the Frog), and Keegan-Michael Key (Key & Peele, Keanu). While I’m not the biggest fan of musicals, I’m excited to see another holiday-themed movie directed by a black filmmaker featuring mostly people of color.

Dolly Parton’s Christmas on the Square — Nov. 22nd

Ok, I know what I previously said about musicals, but this is another one that I’m making an exception for because it features Dolly Parton. It’s a classic Scrooge story with a twist that I’m excited for both because of the cast — featuring Christine Baranski (The Good Wife, Mamma Mia!), Jenifer Lewis (The Princess and the Frog, Black-ish), and, of course, Dolly Parton — and the soundtrack.

Happy binging! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Cameryn Richardson is a sophomore at BU, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Women's, Gender, & Sexuality Studies. Outside of writing for HCBU, she is an international peer mentor, involved in Art Club, and loves to find new restaurants and coffee shops to visit. Find her on Instagram @cvmrich!