4 Fun Things to do in Boston for St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Even if you’re not Irish by birth, if you live in Boston, you’re Irish by right during March.  As one of America’s most Irish cities, Boston is the place to be for St. Patrick’s Day. And just because you may have missed yesterday’s St. Patrick’s Day parade due to post-Spring Break travel, doesn’t mean the fun is over yet! If you’re looking for some guaranteed St. Patty’s Day celebration, check out these Boston events. And be sure to wear green—you don’t want to get pinched!

1. Beginning on March 13th and lasting until the 17th, check out the Irish Cultural Centre of New England for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration. With all the authentic Irish dancing, food, and music, you’ll feel like you’re right in the heart of Ireland.

2. Show your support for the Boston Celtics on March 13th and March 16th by heading out to watch the team take on the Orlando Magic and the Philadelphia 76ers. Make sure you come decked out in green and ready to cheer!

3. Boston is famous for its many Irish pubs, but on St. Patrick’s Day, Ned Devine’s Irish Pub is the place to be. All throughout the day, they’ll have different Irish bands and step dance performers, along with an authentic Irish menu. Located on the second floor of the Quincy Market Building, this pub is in the hub of all the celebration in Boston.

4. If you still haven’t gotten your fill of Irish celebration by the time St. Patty’s day is over, don’t fret! You can still check out the annual Boston Irish Film Festival, which runs from March 19th to March 22nd. 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.