stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

4 Easy Ways to Help You Sleep More Soundly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Sleepless nights. We’ve all had them and usually, they’re during the worst possible week. Here are some simple and effective ways to help you sleep:

1. Write down your thoughts.

If your brain can’t seem to shut up before bedtime, then try writing down the thoughts circling your head. It might be things you have to get done the next day or some big philosophical question. By writing them down, they become less daunting and ease you into a night of better sleep.

2. Greek yogurt.

This is a strange one, but I swear it helps! If you wake up in the middle of the night with the munchies, then try eating some yogurt. Yogurt and other dairy products contain tryptophan, an amino acid that produces sleep-inducing melatonin and serotonin and is more easily digestive than milk.

3. Listen to a sleep playlist.

Listening to soothing tunes can help you get into a bedtime mood. Here are some suggestions from Spotify, but creating your own mix helps too.

4. Spray some lavender.

Lavender oil is a popular aromatherapy choice for sleep. You can get a lavender spray bottle, eye mask/pillows or bring out your essential oil diffuser and drop a few chamomile, lavender or any other sleep-inducing concoction!

Sweet dreams!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

I'm a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism and public health.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.