4 Book Series to Read While You’re Practicing Social Distancing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I’ve found that social distancing because of COVID-19 has left many people bored. When I’m super busy, I don’t like to start a new series because I’m never sure when I’ll get to the next book. However, this unfortunate and anxiety-inducing situation has left many people with newfound free time. If you’re looking for some books to read, here are some of my favorite series. 

The Off Campus Series by Elle Kennedy 

The Off Campus and the spin-off series, Briar U, is probably my favorite series of all time. It is a hockey romance series that follows a handful of teammates and their love stories. Each of the books can be read as standalones; however, you will probably get the most pay off if you read them in order. Also the first book, The Deal, is free on Apple Books!

The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare

With the release of the first book in the newest series, The Last Hours,  now is the perfect time to dive into all the Shadowhunter books. These books are action-packed, full of angels, demons, werewolves, vampires, and of course shadowhunters. I recommend reading these books in publication order which can be found here. While the first couple of books are not my favorite, once you get to the later books, I promise it’s worth it.

The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang 

The two books in this series, The Kiss Quotient and The Bride Test, are beautiful and diverse romance novels with representation. In the first book, the main character, Stella, has Aspergers and is not well-versed in all things love, so she hires Michael, an escort, to teach her. Helen Hoang offers neurodiverse romance novels that will tug at your heartstrings. 

The Winston Brothers by Penny Ried 

These books follow a family of brothers and their romances in Tennessee (who doesn’t love a small-town southern romance). Grin and Beard It is by far my favorite book in this series, because it has excellent communication between the hero and heroine. The main character, Sienna, is just a joy to read about. She is a successful, curvy, Latina main character who is strong and independent. I honestly just related to her and want to be her. This series is a joy. 

Try to relax during these scary times and practice social distancing! These are easily bingeable series that I think every reader will love.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Hello, I'm Maura! I'm a pre-med junior at Boston University who obsessively reads romance books and watches The Bachelor. Somehow, I turned my her campus articles into my own personal book blog, so I hope you enjoy the bookish content! Let's be friends on goodreads! https://www.goodreads.com/mauradelaney
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.