3 Last Minute Outfits You Can Wear for College Fashion Week, Inspired by New York Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Did you have a wild night last night? wake up late in a haze? Did your shift at the Gap get canceled? Did you *just* realize that College Fashion Week is today? Are you freaking out?????

If you answered “YES!” to any or all of these questions, take a huge deep breath and STOP. Do not fear! I’m here to help you out with this guide to College Fashion Week outfits that you can make with staple pieces you already own! I had the pleasure of attending New York Fashion Week a few weekends ago, so these are all inspired by what I wore and what I saw on the streets of New York. If you follow these tips, you’re sure to look great and be super comfy for CFW tonight!

Scroll down for some fresh ideas!

Patterned Pants

Grab those palazzo pants from a couple years ago because honeys… they’re back! A major look at NYFW this year was paper bag pants and tees. You can wear a plain color or break out your sassy graphics. Phrases like “Fries Before Guys,” “Keep the Government Out of my Vagina,” and “Spooky Bitch” are always welcome (yes these all may or may not be my favorite shirts I own). Pop on a structured jacket and wedges, or a sweater and sneakers, and you’re ready to comfortably SLAY the Royale tonight.

A Wild Maxi Skirt

This is super easy to style. Everyone has a midi or maxi skirt with a fun pattern. Or you might have one that you’ve had in the back of your closet forever because it’s super ugly. Well, it’s time to whip it out for College Fashion Week. I know, you’re like, “Zoe wtf why that’s disgusting!” Hear me out! Tuck in a trendy graphic tee and throw on a leather jacket with sneakers for a sporty look, or throw on a sweater over top for a more slouchy, boho look. You’ll be sure to turn heads in this number. Don’t have a wild maxi skirt? This works with a maxi dress too! Knot a tee overtop or throw on the sweater, nobody will know the difference. Also, when in doubt, hop into a Goodwill. They’re sure to have something you’re looking for.

A Sweet, Patterned Shift Dress

This is also easy! We all have patterned dresses. Throw one on with a pair of strappy heels or sneakers (emphasis on comfort for me, ladies!) and do a fun and flirty eye makeup. Pair with a pair of unexpected sunnies, and you have a look that’s out of this world! 

There you have it ladies! Hopefully this gives you some fun and flirty outfit inspo for College Fashion Week! Remember: find the craziest staple piece you own, throw on a pair of sneakers and a jacket, and you’ll be all set!

Zoe is a Senior at Boston University in the College of Communication, majoring in Public Relations and minoring in English and Psychology, and is the Campus Correspondent for her chapter. Originally from the Washington DC area, Zoe loves going to museums, concerts, and working at Baby Gap. In her free time, Zoe can be found crafting, watching Netflix, and scoping out the latest trends. Always catch her yelling enthusiastically about something, or making really corny jokes.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.