This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Now that winter is FINALLY coming to an end, it’s time to start looking towards summer! Beach season is right around the corner and here are the hottest trends for swimsuits this year.

1. The Sexy One Piece

The one piece is making a huge comeback with a little more sexy edge. This season’s Deep-V’s and cutouts are very popular and trendy.

2. Brazilian Booty

The Brazilian style is making its way around the world this season. If you’re comfortable wearing it, the less coverage style is an up-and-comer and the design gives you fewer awkward tan lines.

3. Animal Print

Animal print has been a serious “no-no” in the world of swimsuits, but this season it is gaining attraction. The animal print style is a tricky one to rock, so make sure you dress classy and look fierce.

4. High-Waisted

We’ve seen Taylor Swift sport it, but now it’s time for the high-waisted swimsuit to make its appearance on beaches other than in The Hamptons. This style is very retro and provides more coverage for girls who want to show a little less skin.

5. Bright Colors and Crazy Patterns

If you’ve been working super hard all winter long trying to get that ultimate beach body, then you definitely want to show it off! Crazy patterns and bright colors will turn a couple of heads and also make your tan POP.

6. Intricate Backs

This season there is a lot of “strappy backs.” These bikini tops are pretty and intricate when you look at them, but beware of the awkward tan lines!

7. Crochet

Although it isn’t very practical for going in the water, if you are more of the “lay out and tan” type of girl then you should invest in a cute crochet bikini.

—-

Photos courtesy of Pinterest 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.