18 Festive and Cute Nail Art for Winter and the Holidays!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

‘Tis the season! Personally, I love the winter season because of all the holidays and festive things we can do! From tree decorations to cute holiday outfits, almost everywhere you look everything is decked out in holiday spirit.

Have fun expressing your spirit for the winter and the holidays through your nails! Nails, just like clothes and accessories, can express a girl’s sense of style and personality! Here are some fun and festive nail art ideas for all you glamorous girlies.

For all those that love having tips or having a twist on their French manicure. Add a little design to one finger or some color to go a long way!

For those that like to have designs on all 10 fingers, here are some brilliant ideas! Snowmen, reindeers, snowflakes, whatever your favorite thing about winter and the holidays is, it should be on your nails!       

For the simple chicks that like a solid color but want that POP, this is it! Having your ring finger be a little different is still cute and changes things up! Keep the rest plain and let that one nail be a little extra special. 

For the classy & chic, try sparkles to catch the eye of the beholder! Easily done but looks like a million bucks.

When it comes to doing your nails, just have fun and go crazy! They’re like tiny canvases on your body to draw on! Have fun and be creative.                         

Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis