tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

13 “Couple” Halloween Costumes to Wear with Your BFF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s October, which means it’s officially spooky season. You better be getting your Halloween costumes ready because October 31st will be here before you know it! 

During the Halloween season (and let’s be real, really all year long), I love to scroll through Pinterest and save pins of cute costumes. Many of the costumes I find in my feed are for couples, but cuffing season isn’t quite here yet, so why not wear these charming costumes with your best friend instead?    

1. Jim and Pam from The Office    

Photo Credit: Monica Kruse 

We all have a Jim or a Pam in our friend group, so there’s no reason why it has to be a romantic costume! Find your best The Office-watching friend and make the best TV costume ever.

2. Lilo and Stitch

Photo Credit: Kirsten Dutch -]

“Ohana” means family, not romance! Lilo and Stitch were best friends anyway. This costume is pretty simple and will make everyone else around you reminisce about their favorite Disney movie.

3. Riverdale Characters

Photo from Natasha Tennyson

Everyone’s favorite ship is Bughead, but you can get your entire friend group in on this costume by all dressing up as a different character. The costumes would be easy too – most of the outfit pieces are probably already in your closet.

4. An Alien and an Astronaut

Photo Credit: yeahhalloween.info

This costume is so clever – couples shouldn’t be the only ones that can do it! It can also be converted into a group costume with either more aliens or more astronauts.

5. Blue and Steve from Blue’s Clues

Photo Credit: halloweenrocks.info

Blue’s Clues is such an iconic childhood TV show – everyone will be jealous of your costume if you wear this one! And cropped collared shirts are in right now, so anyone can rock being Steve, or even his brother, Joe!

6. Sully and Boo from Monsters Inc.

Photo from Kaitlyn Thomas

This costume idea is so cute and anyone can wear it! You can even add Mike to the mix and make it a group costume instead.

7. Mickey and Minnie Mouse

Photo Credit: Her Campus

Admittedly, this is a perfect costume for couples. But you can still wear it with a friend too – you can even have a friend be another Minnie or another Mickey!

8. Mario and Luigi

Photo Credit: We Heart It

Couples will probably go as Mario and Peach for Halloween, but the OG brothers of the industry are Mario and Luigi! Skip the video game night and go as Mario and Luigi for Halloween with your bestie.

9. Jack and Coke

Photo Credit: SOCIETY19

The perfect combo for couples and best friends! This costume is also super easy – you can find a Coca-Cola shirt practically anywhere.

10. Peanut Butter and Jelly

Photo Credit: Rebecca Buschle

It’s peanut butter jelly time! This idea would be such a sweet costume and one you can wear with your best friend – the peanut butter to your jelly.

11. JFK and Jackie O.

Photo Credit: NYA

This costume is so smart, especially since the Midterm Elections are coming up! Even though they were married, you don’t need to wear it with your SO. Grab your best guy friend and walk around on Halloween like you’re in charge of the country.

12. Mean Girls Characters

Photo from Karlie Rae Lang

There are so many iconic outfits you can make from all of the characters in Mean Girls – from the “She doesn’t even go here” look to simple pink outfits! Halloween is on a Wednesday this year, after all. Aaron Samuels and Regina George don’t even end up together, anyway!

13. Cosmo and Wanda

Photo Credit: Lailee Madani

A costume for the Nickelodeon fans out there. It can be a totally platonic costume or even done with two girls instead! Add Timmy to the mix and make it a group costume, too!

Anybody can wear any of these costumes, whether they are dating or not! Don’t let couples have all the fun on Halloween – grab your best friends and make these costumes your own.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Alexandra Kallfelz is a senior studying journalism at Boston University. Besides writing, Alexandra's passions include color guard, travel, Netflix, music, and Disney. She is a pure-blood New Englander and a dog fanatic.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.