This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s that time of year when the cable knit sweaters and pumpkin spice lattes come around, and as the weather slowly (or not so slowly) cools down, crafting a playlist with the perfect fall feeling is essential. Here are some of my favorite fall songs this year!

“There She Goes” by The La’s

This song just screams autumn to me. It has that feeling of speeding on the curve of a road with the wind blowing through your hair. It has that breath of fresh brisk air that autumn brings with it after a muggy summer. Every fall I rediscover this song, and I’m so grateful that I do.

Favorite lyric: “And I just can’t contain this feeling that remains.”

“Radio” by Lana Del Rey (feat. Sean Ono Lennon)

Lana Del Rey’s voice is the epitome of fall, and “Radio” is one of my favorite songs to listen to in a coffee shop while studying for midterms and watching the leaves turn. It has an upbeat vibe while still holding the calmness of fall.

Favorite lyric: “Now my life is sweet like cinnamon.”

“True Blue” by Boygenius

Boygenius is one of my favorite bands ever, with “True Blue” taking the cake as my favorite song of theirs. It feels like this song was explicitly created for the fall weather right after the brutal heat but right before the excruciating winter. It just screams reuniting with friends at the beginning of the school year. 

Favorite lyric: “And it feels good to be known so well / I can’t hide from you like I hide from myself.”

“Halloween” by Noah Kahan

“Halloween” by Noah Kahan is not only an autumnal anthem in name, but also in vibes. The guitar gives the perfect fall feeling along with the idea of Halloween creeping around in the background. The song is a tad melancholy but it’s been in my heavy rotation this fall.

Favorite lyric: “It’s not Halloween, but the ghost you dressed up as sure knows how to haunt, yeah you know how to haunt.”

“Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac

This song is a classic that everyone knows. The lyric “Can I sail through the changin’ ocean tides,” reminds me of new beginnings, especially that fall transition of getting adjusted to college. My entire freshman fall, I listened to this song on repeat because it reminded me of change and new beginnings.

Favorite lyric: “And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills / ‘Til the landslide brought me down.”

“Rockland” by Gracie Abrams

The guitar at the beginning of this song always whips me back into the folksy feeling of fall. This song feels like walking around right before the sun completely sets with that smell of air after a rainstorm. 

Favorite lyric: “Like falling with a knife, you cut deep.”

“Good Days” by Sza

As the title says, this song is about good days. Fall is my favorite season, so every fall day is a good day. I love listening to this song as I walk to class in the cool weather to hype me up before the day starts.

Favorite lyric: “Tell me I’m not my fears, my limitations.”

“Sleep On The Floor” by The Lumineers

This is my tried and true song when it comes to late-night studying in my dorm while looking out at the city lights. At the beginning of every school year, it reminds me of where I came from and where I want to go. It brings back memories of friends and those talks that don’t make sense but somehow last into the night with your roommate. 

Favorite lyric: “’Cause if we don’t leave this town / We might never make it out.”

“September” by Earth Wind and Fire

An absolute classic fall song, “September,” by Earth Wind and Fire is one of those songs that you’ll hear every fall without fail. This upbeat song always makes sure that I don’t forget the 21st night of September.

Favorite lyric: “Our hearts were ringin’ / In the key that our souls were singin’.”

“All Too Well” by Taylor Swift

This list wouldn’t be complete without a song from Taylor Swift’s album Red. While all of Red is very fall-esque, “All Too Well” in particular was my go-to song for drives home during the fall. Listening to this song as I drive down a long, winding back road is a feeling that is unmatched.

Favorite lyric: “Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place / And I can picture it after all these days.”

I hope some of these songs resonate with you and help you get into the fall feeling as we approach the spooky season!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Lara Hibbert is a member of the writing team for the Her Campus at Boston University chapter. She loves to write about life in the city, advice, music, books, entertainment, and pop culture. Outside of Her Campus Boston University, Lara works as a politics writer and anchor for WTBU News, and as a writer and crew member for Good Morning BU. She also DJ's on a show on WTBU called Intermission. She is currently working towards a Bachelors of Sciences as a sophomore at Boston University, majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. In her free time, Lara enjoys going for long walks along the river while listening to her favorite Taylor Swift album, going to concerts, hiking, and swimming. She's also a Jeopardy geek and obsessed with watching reality television with her roommates.