This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As the days start getting longer and the nights start getting shorter, we could all use some music to lift our spirits and get ourselves ready for the warm weather again. So, what better way to get yourself prepared than a carefully curated spring playlist? I spend a lot of my time creating playlists for all kinds of different moods, scenarios, events, etc.

I decided to assemble a few songs that I think would make great additions to your spring favorites. Some are uplifting anthems to blast under the sun while others tap into the more warm, soothing nature of spring. There’s a song for everyone on this list, so let’s get to it!

“Is It True” — Tame Impala

Spring equals music festival season, and Tame Impala’s groovy, psychedelic music screams music festival. This song will transport you to the warm camping grounds of Coachella as you prepare to see one of the greatest concert performances of your life. I hope you’re hydrated!

“I’m In Love With You” — The 1975

The 1975 has long been the go-to artist for many sad teens. However, their latest album, Being Funny In A Foreign Language, showcases a more optimistic side to The 1975. This song is all about telling someone you’re in love with them which ties in perfectly with spring — the season of love and rebirth.

“Shut Up and Dance” — WALK THE MOON

WALK THE MOON’s “Shut Up and Dance” was one of the biggest songs in the summer of 2014. This song is infused with positivity and will leave you in just the right mindset to power through the last few months of school and finish off strong. Also, this song is just really fun to dance to!

“This Is What You Came For” — Calvin Harris, Rihanna

Calvin Harris continuously makes the best music to listen to during the warm months, and this is just another great example of that. No matter what your spring break plans are, this is a must-play.

Lindsay Thompson-Music Festival Miami Ultra Lights Stage Concert Balloons Music Edm
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus
“Welcome To My Island” — George Daniel & Charli XCX

As it starts warming up, you can finally take your hot girl walks outside again, and who better to listen to than self-proclaimed hot girl and queen of hot girl music, Charli XCX. “Welcome To My Island” is the perfect song to blast while you’re strutting your stuff down the Charles River Esplanade. The incredible production and killer second verse of this song will leave you feeling untouchable.

“Animals” — Neon Trees

This song always puts me in a happy mood, and after coming out of the bleakness that is a Boston winter, this song’s sense of eagerness and enthusiasm will be the pick-me-up you need.

“Love You For A Long Time” — Maggie Rogers

The warmth and playfulness that this song imbues align beautifully with the tender nature of spring. This song’s childlike excitement to be with the person that you love fosters a carefree, joyous feeling that’s perfect for spring.

“Kiss Me” — Sixpence None The Richer

Nothing screams spring more than Sixpence None The Richer. Lead vocalist Leigh Nash’s soothing voice with its twinge of a southern twang serves as the best introduction to spring. “Kiss Me”‘s comforting and bubbly nature is the ideal song to have on as you see the sun begin to set a bit later and the flowers start to bloom.

“Your Body Is A Wonderland” — John Mayer

The bouncy nature of the guitar in John Mayer’s “Your Body Is A Wonderland” has the same energy as strolling through the Boston Public Garden after all of the tulips have bloomed. This song is the embodiment of spring.

“One Thing” — One Direction

Everyone knows the quickest way to get pulled out of your seasonal depression is by blasting some One Direction under the sun. Throwing it back to One Direction’s first studio album (the masterpiece that brought us “What Makes You Beautiful”), “One Thing” is a must-add to your playlist.

There are so many more songs that fit the spring vibe perfectly, the list could go on forever! What’s your go-to song for the upcoming season?

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to follow us on Instagram, like us on Facebook, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Hi, I'm Isabella! I am a sophomore at Boston University studying International Relations in the Pardee School of Global Studies. I love all things related to music, movies, pop culture, and am chronically online.