jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Songs to Help You Through the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

We all know the school week can be tough, but hopefully these songs can help you make it through the next few days.

1. New Rules, Dua Lipa

This is my call for song of the summer. It has blown up in the United Kingdom, but has failed to gain much top 50 traction in the United States. I have endlessly tortured my friends with this song because I do not think it is getting the respect it deserves. “If you’re under him, you’re not getting over him.” Come on people, that is GOLD. “New Rules” is, for lack of a better phrase, a banger.

2. Dusk Till Dawn, ZAYN, Sia

Previous ZAYN songs have left little to be desired. He usually sings entire songs in falsetto. However, Dusk Till Dawn is different. ZAYN and Sia create a dramatic love song that is quite catchy. I expect to see it rise on the charts in the near future.

3. Havana, Camila Cabello, Young Thug

“Havana” is one of those songs that is instantly stuck in your head after you hear it. The trumpet, accompanied by an electronic beat, sets a perfect backdrop for your walk down Comm. Ave. While I wouldn’t say that this song is a banger like “New Rules,” it certainly reaches jam status.

4. Boys, Charli XCX

Let’s set this straight. In no way am I saying that this song is a lyrical masterpiece, but the music video (a visual masterpiece) and the overall fun vibe of “Boys” will help you bop through the week.

5. What Lovers Do (feat. SZA), Maroon 5

“What Lovers Do” reminds me of 2007 Maroon 5. Try not to bop your head along to the rhythm of the background beat. SZA is also a nice addition to the song, proving her ability to navigate throughout the pop genre.

6. Lonely Together (feat. Rita Ora), Avicii

Rita Ora is back everyone! Long removed from her “Black Widow” (which is still a bop in my personal opinion) days, Ora teams up with Avicii for an upbeat song about, well, being together. This song is SUPER catchy and will get stuck in your head.

7. Homemade Dynamite Remix, Lorde (Feat. Khalid, Post Malone & SZA)

This remix is STACKED. Don’t take my word for it -– just look at those names.

8. Super Far, LANY

Whenever I hear a LANY song, I immediately feel relaxed. “Super Far” will help set a chill vibe for your studying throughout the week.

9. Faking It, Calvin Harris, Kehlani & Lil Yachty

This song has been out since mid-summer, but never fails to put me in a good mood. Calvin Harris works in groovy beats behind smooth vocals from Kehlani. I love the fact that he gradually speeds up the beat to the chorus where he drastically slows it back down.

10. Cut to The Feeling, Carly Rae Jepsen

Okay okay okay. You may not like “Call Me Maybe,” but trust me on this one. “Cut to The Feeling” is an instant feel-good song.

If you want a playlist for all of these songs, check it out here. Happy listening!

Elena is a junior at Boston University studying Film and Television and Journalism.  She likes her shows created by HBO or Shonda Rhimes and possesses an undying love for the New England Patriots.     
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.