10 Reasons Why You Should Love Justin Trudeau

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

We all know that Canadians are notoriously kind and cheery, and their leader is no exception. Here are ten reasons why you are going to fall in love with the Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

1. He greeted Syrian refugees at the airport with winter coats and teddy bears.

Trudeau and his family greeted some of the first Syrian refugees landing in Canada at an airport in Toronto. “You are home,” Trudeau announced to the passengers, “Welcome home.”

2. He has appointed the first gender-balanced cabinet in Canada’s history.

Trudeau appointed exactly fifteen men and fifteen women to his cabinet, and has said on the subject that, “it’s important to be here before you today to present to Canada a cabinet that looks like Canada.” Incredible.

3. He is a self-proclaimed feminist.

Trudeau commented in an interview with Vox, “If you’re a progressive, you really should be a feminist because it’s about equality. It’s about respect. It’s about making the best of the world that we have.” Watch the full clip here, but be warned that you will fall in love.

4. He can dance.

There is no other world leader so willing to embrace other cultures and probable humiliation so readily, and it’s wonderful. I could watch this gif for hours.

5. He used to be a boxer.

No words necessary. Just enjoy.

6. He’s a family man.

Trudeau and his wife Sophie have three kids: Xavier, 9, Ella-Grace, 8, and Hadrien, 3. Trudeau is a huge family man, and clearly from this image of him and Obama he loves all kids, which is pretty adorable.

7. He’s the only man on the planet who can get away with flirting with the Queen.

When the Queen was quoted as saying that Trudeau made her feel so old when they met at Buckingham Palace, Trudeau replied in a tweet, “On the contrary, you are forever young. I was honoured to toast your lifetime of service tonight.” (Make sure you follow @JustinTrudeau)

8. He is a huge supporter of the LGBTQ+ community.

Trudeau made history by becoming the first active Canadian Prime Minister to march in the Toronto Pride Parade, and was also the first Prime Minister to raise a pride flag at the Canadian Parliament.

9. He loves hockey, especially the Montreal Canadiens.

Trudeau is a notorious supporter of the Canadiens, and has been a die-hard fan since his childhood. President Obama recently poked fun at Canada’s championship drought by commenting, “Where is the Stanley Cup right now?” after the Chicago Blackhawks won the title. Trudeau then replied, “Don’t get me started.”

10. He is incredibly handsome.

Trudeau is not only an incredible human being in general, but he has good looks to match. He truly is the total package.

Justin Trudeau is one-of-a-kind. He is an incredible politician, humanitarian, leader, and friend to all of Canada’s lucky residents, and he isn’t afraid to lend a helping hand to other places in need either. Justin, the entire world loves you. Keep being the wonderful human being you already are.

Julia Novello is a Film and Television major at Boston University, with a minor in Political Science. Her interests include writing, pop culture, binge watching Friends, politics, travelling, and everything to do with Tom Brady. She is a native of Boston, MA.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.