palace theatre signage 3004075?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
palace theatre signage 3004075?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Felicity Warner / HCM

10 Movies You Must Watch This 2020!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With midterms season fast approaching, self-care should be a priority. Relaxing before hopping into a stressful week of exams is key to success, and watching movies is one of the things you can do to unwind. These ten movies are definitely worth watching! 

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is probably my favorite movies ever! It’s hilarious, cute, and has Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson in it (who doesn’t love them?). This is a rom-com that even guys will enjoy – seriously, it’s that good.

The Best of Me

The Best of Me is probably the saddest movie I’ve ever seen – I saw it for the first time in theaters with two of my friends back home, and we bawled our eyes out. That being said, it has such an amazing storyline and is actually such a good movie. It’s based on a Nicholas Sparks novel, and though all of his films are good – this one is my favorite.  

Spotlight

If you know that I’m a journalism major, you’re probably not surprised to see Spotlight on my list. But even non-journalists would enjoy this movie! I made my family watch it over the break, and they loved it almost as much as I did. 

Good Will Hunting

Good Will Hunting is a movie that I’m pretty sure anyone would enjoy. I couldn’t stop thinking about this movie for the longest time after watching it the first time because it tells that good of a story. After all, who doesn’t love a good Robin Williams, Matt Damon, and Ben Affleck movie?

13 Going on 30

13 Going on 30 is such a cute movie, and it’s a good film to watch when you need a pick me up. It also helps you look forward to being “thirty, flirty, and thriving.” 

The Proposal

The Proposal is hands down the funniest movie I have ever seen! My dance friends and I used to watch it all the time, and it never gets old. Watch it for a good laugh or just watch it because Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds are in it!

A Star is Born

I know I said that The Best of Me is the saddest movie I have ever seen, but A Star is Born is too. The music and actors in it are amazing, so it’s a must-watch. I’m still hoping that Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper get married – seriously, they would be so cute. 

Aquamarine

Aquamarine was my favorite movie growing up, so I had to put it on the list. I’ve probably watched it over 100 times, and I still love it – there are not many movies I could watch that many times. Watching it now, I realize that there are so many great life lessons in it too, and that makes me love it even more. 

A Quiet Place

If there’s a movie that seems out of place on this list – it’s this one. I’ve never been a huge fan of horror movies, but my writing class this semester is over horror movies. So far, this is my favorite one that we have studied, and it’s actually so good. John Krasinski did an amazing job directing this movie and managed to make me cry over a movie that I did not expect to cry over. 

The Longest Ride

Of course, another Nicholas Sparks movie had to make the list. The Longest Ride is such a good movie and has an amazing storyline. Prepare the tissues, but don’t worry, it won’t make you cry as much as The Best of Me. 

I really hope you watch these if you haven’t already – I promise they are all so so good! Looking over my list, I realize that most of the movies will either make you laugh or cry, but I think that’s a good thing. I hope you love these movies as much as I do!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Suzanne Crow is a senior journalism major and American studies minor from Lubbock, Texas. In addition to being a writer and editor for Her Campus, Suzanne is a COM Ambassador, a Sigma Kappa, a radio show host for "Ladies of History" on WTBU, a writer for Off The Cuff, and a member of and social media manager for BU on Tap.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.