ulta flaylay test 4?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ulta flaylay test 4?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

10 Holiday Beauty Sets That Are Worth Every Penny

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

‘Tis the season for holiday beauty sets! It seems like every cosmetic brand is releasing its annual festive line, and it can be hard to know which ones are worth buying.

I work at Sephora, so I’ve encountered many holiday sets. While some are overrated, others truly live up to the name “value set.” Here are 10 sets that are worth the price for the perfect gift this holiday season!

Sephora Favorites Holiday Lip Kit – $45

Four full-size lip products for $45? Say less!

One of the products is the iconic Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lip liner, which alone retails for $35.

To be completely honest, I can’t remember the last time I used a mini lip product to its fullest, especially when the full-size was only a slightly higher price. This set includes six gorgeous products in an adorable pouch, perfect for anyone looking to add to their collection and try out a new lip combo!

tarte best of maracuja juicy lips set – $40

I know these are more lip products, but the deals are just too good! You get four of the viral full-sized maracuja juicy lip products, which work out to just $10 each!

If you’ve been looking to try this popular product, this is the perfect set for you… and you can even give the rest as gifts.

Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek MVPs Cream Blush Stick Set – $25

This set is great because you’re basically getting two for the price of one. The Lip + Cheek Sticks retail for $24 each, and for an extra dollar, you can get another full-size stick!

These come in two different colors and are perfect for anyone who enjoys an on-the-go makeup routine. They’re super easy to throw in your bag and swipe on for a pop of color. 

Sephora Collection PRO 8-Piece Face & Eye Brush Set – $95

As someone who has tried discount and high-end brushes, I can truly say the Sephora PRO brushes are worth every penny. I constantly reach for them.

This is such a great deal for anyone looking to invest in high-quality brushes. Since it comes with eight brushes (and a case!), it ends up being less than $12 per brush.

These brushes currently retail for about $20-$30 each, so definitely snag this set while you can!

Sephora Favorites Mini Deluxe Perfume Sampler Set – $90

Perfume samplers are some of my favorite gifts to give to beauty lovers, and this set has so many great choices!

With this set, you receive trial sizes of bestselling fragrances and a coupon for a full-sized favorite. You can choose from bestselling Tom Ford, PHLUR, Juliette Has a Gun, Caroline Herrera, and Maison Margiela fragrances, and receive a bonus mini Sol de Janeiro body spray.

It’s the perfect gift for a fragrance collector, or a great deal if you’re looking to purchase a new holiday scent for yourself!

Glow Recipe Dewy Skin Goals Set – $62

This set is the perfect gift for any skin care junkies out there and it’s a great deal!

This set includes full-sizes of both the viral Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner and Niacinamide Dew Drops, retailing for $34 and $35, respectively. This is already a deal, plus you get to try out a mini of the Watermelon aglow Pink Juice Moisturizer, which retails for $21.

This set is perfect for any Glow Recipe fan or anyone who’s been seeing it all over their FYP like I have!

tarte iconic lashes and eyeliner bestsellers set – $44

With this set, you’re getting four products for $11 each. The eyeliner comes with a pencil and gel tip, so you’re basically getting five products for the price of four.

As an added bonus, they all come individually packaged, so they’re great to split up as stocking stuffers for all your besties!

dae Holidae Hair Stylers Set – $44

This is such a cute set that any hair care lovers would adore!

This set includes a full-size heat protectant, a double-sided edge brush, and the viral Dae styling cream. With all the products needed for a fashionable slicked-back hairstyle, this set is great for anyone who loves to keep up with the latest trends!

Kiehl’s Since 1851 Kiehl’s Wrapped – $125
ultra facial cream
Sephora

This set basically includes a full-size skin care routine! It comes with a full-size cleanser, retinol serum, clay mask, moisturizer, and eye serum.

Each product works out to $25, which is a great deal for anyone looking to invest in high-end skin care.

This jam-packed set is perfect for those who don’t quite know where to start with a skin care routine. I even love using Kiehl’s to introduce skin care to men! 

Sephora Collection After Advent Calendar – $30

One thing about advent calendars that has always puzzled me is that they cannot be given as Christmas gifts, since the countdown ends before Santa delivers his presents.

However, this “after advent” calendar solves that problem by giving the recipient a gift to open every day from Christmas to New Year’s!

Not only is it a great gift, but it is also such a great deal. You receive 11 full-size products for $30, which evens out to less than $3 per product. When it comes to holiday gift shopping on a budget, it doesn’t get much better than that!

There are so many holiday sets out there, and sometimes it can be hard to tell which ones will get you the most bang for your buck. All these sets would make great gifts for any beauty lover, or for anyone looking to try new products for a great deal!

Give THESE SETS A TRY AND CREATE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY MAKEUP LOOK!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets

Amira Zuniga is a member of the PR and Marketing team at the Boston University Her Campus chapter. She mainly focuses on outreach, reaching out to brands and potential partnerships. She especially loves to work on anything related to beauty and lifestyle. Outside of Her Campus, Amira is also part of her school’s Women’s Health Society, a new women’s health magazine at BU. She spends her breaks working at Sephora, and picks up the occasional shift while in school. She is currently a sophomore studying Data Science and Business. In her free time, Amira loves to take dance classes and speed walk through Boston. She is constantly searching for the best chai latte in Boston and will find every possible excuse to window shop.